If a default choice is set, which desktop environment the Pyra OS should have ?

If a default choice is set, which desktop environment the Pyra should have ?

• Total voters

My preference would be Awesome WM, but I am not sure if that would be intuitive enough as default. Xfce is a pretty safe choice.

I don't care (but I still think what I said in the gamescom thread, that whatever the default becomes on the pyra, it should incorporate usability improvements from the openbox@pnd setup)

I like the fact mini menu is in the list, and second place. Good to see people use it (it leaves more RAM free for the software, sometimes this gives you more FPS)
However, wasn't it custom made? (i.e. lots of work to make it work again with the new containers (that wont be .pnd) )
As many that already have a Pandora, or know it, use the current WM, it is no wonder it is first place. Enlightment is also a good one, eyecandy without too much CPU power. KDE is a hog, but with the 4GB, it wont be too problematic.
I like Gnome3 there, it IS tablet/touchscreen oriented (finger oriented) and the new release is much better than the initial one (i.e. things got a bit better). And Windows is doing the same now in Windows 10. Even Linus is using it now...

As for XFCE, it looks much like windows 95 up to XP, so might be the most familiar.... but Gnome3 is not far behind... really...

Anyway... whatever WM get's chosen... its gonna be AWESOME! (don't click on the video, unless you like babymetal)

I took the mini menu option to mean a mini menu equivalent. I seem to recall someone mentioning that they were willing to work on one some time ago, but I can't remember who...

-Neelix

Strange, I set the vote to only one choice, it's now a multiple choice allowed.
Also I can't change the mode...

Anyway... whatever WM get's chosen... its gonna be AWESOME! (don't click on the video, unless you like babymetal)
Putting Arch Enemy right beside baby metal is heresy. Ò.Ó

Too bad Angela Gossow has quit though, she'd have eaten those little girls whole. :D

I'm using i3 over several years now. It's a tiling window manager with great keyboard configuration possibilities. It would be the perfect wm for a device like the pyra or pandora.

I'm using i3 over several years now. It's a tiling window manager with great keyboard configuration possibilities. It would be the perfect wm for a device like the pyra or pandora.
Looks to be on the debian repository, so it's something easy to install at least.

Back