How to set a default program

arthurlag

Still Fresh
This is probably a very easy question but i have to ask because i couldn't figured it out myself. I am pretty new to Linux environment

How can i set a program to be default program to open some certain file types. Like i want abiword to be the default program for opening doc files. and i want gnumeric to be default for xls files. If i try to set the pnd as the default it wont't open.

Thanks For helping

if you always put your sd card containing the pnd in the same slot, then you can link directly to it by copy pasting the launch code from the desktop icon it create (right click and go in the proprieties, should be something like /usr/pandora/pnd_run.sh -e something add -a to that command and in most case it should work.

the other more flexible solution, is with pnd_utils. it install a script called pnd_assoc which is meant to act as the bridge between your os and your pnd for that part.

to associate a file with it, you simply use a custom command and you type "pnd_assoc PndName" without the quotes. this will work no matter where you put the pnd (so long as its discoverable by the pandora).

some programs like panplayer wont accept a parameter on their default script, but have other scripts you can call. in panplayer case, its mplayer.sh . to override the default script with another one, just add it as second parameter (for panplayer its "pnd_assoc PanPlayer ./mplayer.sh")

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=PND_utils

if you always put your sd card containing the pnd in the same slot, then you can link directly to it by copy pasting the launch code from the desktop icon it create (right click and go in the proprieties, should be something like /usr/pandora/pnd_run.sh -e something add -a to that command and in most case it should work.

the other more flexible solution, is with pnd_utils. it install a script called pnd_assoc which is meant to act as the bridge between your os and your pnd for that part.

to associate a file with it, you simply use a custom command and you type "pnd_assoc PndName" without the quotes. this will work no matter where you put the pnd (so long as its discoverable by the pandora).

some programs like panplayer wont accept a parameter on their default script, but have other scripts you can call. in panplayer case, its mplayer.sh . to override the default script with another one, just add it as second parameter (for panplayer its "pnd_assoc PanPlayer ./mplayer.sh")

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=PND_utils

Thanks you for this great answer I'll try this first thing today

Back