Idea for the Forum

wraggster

Certified Guru
Website
www.dcemu.co.uk
I wonder if theres a Facebook/Open ID mod/hack you can use to vastly help getting more people to use the board in the long run.

One thing i mentioned to Craig was that i had a dream of a Homebrew Social Network, personally something along those lines would be awesome for the Legal Open Source Homebrew community. (one can dream eh) :p

I wonder if theres a Facebook/Open ID mod/hack you can use to vastly help getting more people to use the board in the long run.

One thing i mentioned to Craig was that i had a dream of a Homebrew Social Network, personally something along those lines would be awesome for the Legal Open Source Homebrew community. (one can dream eh) :p

It does support Facebook / Twitter, etc. out of the box. Just needs to be setup :)

You know what would be cool, if it could autocreate threads based on Craig's tweets. Like he could use #opnews or #icpnews to put it into the right section.

I'm going to look at writing some code to tie things together a lot more, i'm not entirely sure hope open this BBS system is to adding code but I'm sure it can be done.

I'm going to look at writing some code to tie things together a lot more, i'm not entirely sure hope open this BBS system is to adding code but I'm sure it can be done.

There is documentation about how to write plugins available :)

I've done some light programming with IPB and I think a script could be created to create a topic in the right section based on parsing a tweet, with checks to make sure the thread wasn't already made. And then the server would just run that with a certain interval like every hour or something. Sounds like a lot of API mess though, and forum users are probably faster. :p

Back