iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

I would still rather get an iCP1 (I pleged 69$+shipping), and only as a second choice if no iCP1 is available would I like to get the Pyra rebate.

If I understand well enough, there is no procedure to state 2nd choices so I should not send any email right now and just wait ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a good experience dealing with Link. Hopefully folks are at a point where they will ignore his apologists (plenty here), understand that he is a crap weasel and not deal with him anymore.

. Hopefully folks are at a point where they will ignore his apologists (plenty here), understand that he is a crap weasel and not deal with him anymore.
Are you talking about Link in this part of the sentence?.. If so that's pretty harsh for someone that has had to clean up someone else's mess and gone out of his way to help out here.

. Hopefully folks are at a point where they will ignore his apologists (plenty here), understand that he is a crap weasel and not deal with him anymore.
Are you talking about Link in this part of the sentence?.. If so that's pretty harsh for someone that has had to clean up someone else's mess and gone out of his way to help out here.
I think he may be referring to Craig, but I can't really tell for sure. 

For me, I've only really known Link through his post & activities here, but he seems like a stand up guy. It would have been very easy to just throw up his hands, and say Craig stole funds, and we are all out of luck. Instead, he's trying to make good on those who participated in KS and making lemonade from his many lemons.

I didn't see the ICP2 issues coming, as I'm sure many didn't, but I always knew my KS funds may end up down the drain(it was an investment after all), so it's very cool that I may be able to but my funds towards a Pyra, as that was the only reason I originally supported the ICP2 in the first place. Since it was common knowledge at the time, that the ICP2 would have to be successful for a Pandora 2 to happen down the road. Thank God for ED, and others who wouldn't let the Pandora or it's successor die off. 

So for now, Link is OK in my book.

Chris

Yup link came good on this deal. A very large mop would be required to clean up Craigs 'Shit', the kind they don't make on planet earth!

I hope link can survive financially from this though.

No, I was talking about Craig as the crap weasel. Link is good by me. Sorry for the confusion.

@ Link i have pledged 80$+20$...is possible to transfer my credit to ED shop ? (i'd like to buy a Pyra shipped by ED when it will be available)

He might say yes but I wouldn't expect him to. Giving a discount on a product only cuts into profit; if he transfers the credit to EDs shop that means he actually has to pay ED that difference so he'd be out money. From the update

We can't transfer your credit to DragonBox.De, but we can work with them on perhaps drop shipping the unit to you from Germany within the EU possibly

No, I was talking about Craig as the crap weasel. Link is good by me. Sorry for the confusion.
I figured as much^ Craig is the only name around here that commands such ill will :lol:

Chris

Latest Kickstarter Update Message As Of 11/4/2014:

"We have a few more hundred emails to get through for refunds, GCW-Zero OptIns, and Pyra OptIns.  While we are sending emails out to these folks, we are also issuing refunds to backers who've requested them.  Further communication will be one to one via this email address:  icp2refund@gmail.com

The goal is to have everyone refunded who has requested one by the end of November.  We also plan on getting GCW-Zeros out to backers who've opted in on picking up a Zero device at a discount.  For anyone Opting-In on the Pyra, we are notifying the backers of their credit amount that can be applied to the purchase of the Pyra device when they are ready sometime next year.

If you've emailed us regarding a refund, GCW-Zero OptIn, Open Pyra OptIn, or ICP1 substitution, please be patient as we work through the emails as the process takes time.  We'll be in touch via email. 

No ICP1 left so I got a 22$ refund -1.xx $ paypal fees. 81->21, lost 60$ in the process. I would say this was a good vaccine for Kickstarter.

Anyway, thanks Link for taking responsibility. I can finally let this go.

Yeah, I've been burned on a couple kickstarters so far and the iCP2 isn't the worst one out of the bunch. So yeah a little less enthusiastic about the whole thing.

No ICP1 left so I got a 22$ refund -1.xx $ paypal fees. 81->21, lost 60$ in the process. I would say this was a good vaccine for Kickstarter.

Anyway, thanks Link for taking responsibility. I can finally let this go.
No ICP1 left... uh-oh... I've not heard anything so this looks like I'm screwed... :S

Back