I Ordered A Gp2x And I'm Feeling At A Loss

Mishra

Still Fresh
Greetings,

I'm new here and to the whole gp2x thing, but I've decided to take the plunge to this remarkable device with no equal (at least for now).

At the moment, though, I'm feeling pretty concerned about my order with gp2x.co.uk

I've read good and bad experiences on a couple of other topics (wish I had read them before I purchased) but still, I would like to know if anyone has had any more recent experience with a purchase at gp2x.co.uk.

First, the order system didn't ask me for a shipping address, just a billing one. In my case they're the same, but I was wondering how this works...

And second I only got a confirmation e-mail from the credit card company and nothing from gp2x.co.uk

It's been 2 days, and I've been calling them (international call) and getting nothing but an answering machine and no replies have been sent to my e-mail asking for details.

Oh well, I hope it's just a bump at the start of a good experience.

Julius posted on Dec 27 2006 at 04:23 PM said:
Na... that's just the usual xmas time problems... I am sure it will be fine if you just wait a little longer.

yup. i myself have had no problems with them, i've always found them to be helpful and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope it gets here soon, I'm going on a trip and I was really counting on this baby before.

where abouts are you ? 2 days isnt very long for regular mail during christmas, im waiting for somthing i ordered on the 14th from the usa, id worry if it wasnt a busy time of year...

sensible GP32 posted on Dec 27 2006 at 07:12 PM said:
and the poor bean has been in a car accident..

it will deffo come, they are a trusted shop here.
I would'nt worry, I've bought 2 gp32's, a gp2x, payback, tv out cable.... and other stuff from craig and the service (and after service) has been superb. As sensible gp32 say's he has been in a accident, but i'm sure he will be back on form soon :)

Samba Pa Ti posted on Dec 27 2006 at 07:58 PM said:
where abouts are you ? 2 days isnt very long for regular mail during christmas, im waiting for somthing i ordered on the 14th from the usa, id worry if it wasnt a busy time of year...

I'm in Portugal, and I ordered via UPS shipment which is extremely fast, but since I didn't get any reply, I'm sure it hasn't been shipped yet.

I hope he's alright though, car accidents are no fun :blink:

I wouldnt worry. I was a bit worried at first when waiting for it but when it arrived, and i had set up some nice themes and games it really felt alot better. My mates are quite jealous (being retro fans).

Gp2x.co.uk were great and speedy with me and im sure as soon as he is back in action you will get your console (and if you are lucky a cd with the latest bits and bobs on)

As for the console itself...I would reccomend going out and buying a retro game book. I got 2 volumes of a retro review book in town and its tought me alot about games i missed in my youth and reminded me about games i forgot. This coupled with the emulation has given me hours of fun and a real piece of history i can hold in my hand.

I already own all the sonic games in cartrage form for instance (appart from the rare unobtainable games) and it is great being able to take the entire series of 2d sonic games with me wherever i go!

The more you put into this little marvel the more you get out. Just dont be affraid to explore with it :)

TheOwly1 posted on Dec 27 2006 at 11:43 PM said:
I wouldnt worry. I was a bit worried at first when waiting for it but when it arrived, and i had set up some nice themes and games it really felt alot better. My mates are quite jealous (being retro fans).

Gp2x.co.uk were great and speedy with me and im sure as soon as he is back in action you will get your console (and if you are lucky a cd with the latest bits and bobs on)

As for the console itself...I would reccomend going out and buying a retro game book. I got 2 volumes of a retro review book in town and its tought me alot about games i missed in my youth and reminded me about games i forgot. This coupled with the emulation has given me hours of fun and a real piece of history i can hold in my hand.

I already own all the sonic games in cartrage form for instance (appart from the rare unobtainable games) and it is great being able to take the entire series of 2d sonic games with me wherever i go!

The more you put into this little marvel the more you get out. Just dont be affraid to explore with it :)

Got a reply from one of their staff about an hour ago, so it's working out I guess. :)

As for the retro games, being 27, I actually played quite a few of them in my day, and I remember the best...

Snow Bros.
Tumblepop
Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat
Pang and Super Pang

And many others ;)

Apart from Mortal Kombat, I noticed the others are all running just fine on the gp2x, so I should be just kicking back some retro arcade gaming in no time.

Whoa... it is christmas you know, holidays etc. it is traditional in the UK to not be open for a few days over this time. We are open again now though.

What surprised me is that Wal-Mart was closed. I figured they didn't give a damn about their workers, apparently I was wrong.

craigix posted on Dec 28 2006 at 02:03 AM said:
Whoa... it is christmas you know, holidays etc. it is traditional in the UK to not be open for a few days over this time. We are open again now though.

Meant no disrespect, my friend.

I'm glad you proved my worries wrong and I apologize if my post sounded like a diss B)

Back