I Just Bought A........ Gba Micro

declaration posted on Aug 27 2006 at 04:40 PM said:
unlucky posted on Aug 27 2006 at 02:21 PM said:
i've got a friend who's currently in japan and seen one for £50 and asked if i wanted him to buy me one. I've definitely seen them at the same price on ebay i can remember there being an australian store where you could import them from for cheap does anyone remember it? Or know of anywhere offering a cheaper price than £50
I got mine (preowned but boxed and mint) from Game for £39.99.

Also, seen them preowned (unboxed) in Gamestation for £39.99. Think they may be £49.99 new in Gamestation at the moment too but am not really sure about that.

in gamestation a used boxed micro is 39.99 and a brand new one in either pink, green, blue or silver are now 49.99, theyre also this price in woolworths so i guess thats the rrp everywhere

and from poundland i got a logic 3 gba micro kit, its headphones, a link cable, wrist strap and a really good psp style case.

Last edited by a moderator:
CUPC4KES posted on Aug 27 2006 at 04:56 PM said:
declaration posted on Aug 27 2006 at 04:40 PM said:
unlucky posted on Aug 27 2006 at 02:21 PM said:
i've got a friend who's currently in japan and seen one for £50 and asked if i wanted him to buy me one. I've definitely seen them at the same price on ebay i can remember there being an australian store where you could import them from for cheap does anyone remember it? Or know of anywhere offering a cheaper price than £50
I got mine (preowned but boxed and mint) from Game for £39.99.

Also, seen them preowned (unboxed) in Gamestation for £39.99. Think they may be £49.99 new in Gamestation at the moment too but am not really sure about that.

in gamestation a used boxed micro is 39.99 and a brand new one in either pink, green, blue or silver are now 49.99, theyre also this price in woolworths so i guess thats the rrp everywhere

and from poundland i got a logic 3 gba micro kit, its headphones, a link cable, wrist strap and a really good psp style case.
yeah, I saw one of those in the Poundland in Sheffield too. Bargain for a quid really.

shinneri posted on Aug 27 2006 at 06:15 PM said:
Question: Will any GBm work with any region's outlet? I'm looking into getting a blue one with a 240v AC adapter. My question is will this work with my US GBm's 120v adapter?

yeah it should, i use a uk gba-sp charger with my jap ds, as long as your using a stepdown with your 120v adapter it should charge a uk gbm

CUPC4KES posted on Aug 27 2006 at 01:55 PM said:
shinneri posted on Aug 27 2006 at 06:15 PM said:
Question: Will any GBm work with any region's outlet? I'm looking into getting a blue one with a 240v AC adapter. My question is will this work with my US GBm's 120v adapter?
yeah it should, i use a uk gba-sp charger with my jap ds, as long as your using a stepdown with your 120v adapter it should charge a uk gbm
Alright, thanks. Doesn't sound too difficult. :)

CUPC4KES posted on Aug 27 2006 at 04:17 PM said:
edit: strangely all these mega cheap games had 'preowned' stickers on the back, even though woolworths don't sell preowned stuff, weird.
They do now.

OMars posted on Aug 26 2006 at 05:09 PM said:
CUPC4KES posted on Aug 26 2006 at 09:43 AM said:
id just convinced my self after a few months of thinking, that i didnt need a micro, until i saw this post, they look amazing, annd i can honestly say i think id take it everywhere due to its size (saw a pre owned one today in gamesation £39.99). anyone got a rough price on how much id need to spend getting roms and homebrew working on one of these? cheers
Just a little more than that used micro. You'll have one Gigabyte worth of GBA and converted GBC goodies with you so it's worth it. :D

1GB card
Supercard MiniSD

i find the whole situation really confusing, to play homebrew stuff on my gbmicro all i need is a super card and a mini sd card??? and if i decide to play homebrew on my ds lite all i need is the supercard and a passkey? dont i have to flash my gba or ds? is it hard to do, im very familiar with psp and devhook, is it just the same kind of thing?? and ive heard theres lots of fake supercards about, do these not work at all? any help on this would be brilliant, ive searched online but theres not much help really, hundreds of different products etc.

CUPC4KES posted on Aug 27 2006 at 08:12 PM said:
i find the whole situation really confusing, to play homebrew stuff on my gbmicro all i need is a super card and a mini sd card??? and if i decide to play homebrew on my ds lite all i need is the supercard and a passkey? dont i have to flash my gba or ds? is it hard to do, im very familiar with psp and devhook, is it just the same kind of thing?? and ive heard theres lots of fake supercards about, do these not work at all? any help on this would be brilliant, ive searched online but theres not much help really, hundreds of different products etc.

To answer you : if you want to play homebrew on your GBM you only need the supercard and a SD like mine :
PDRM0038.JPG

There is no need for flashing the bios ot whatever. You download you homebrew, put it straight on the SD card, and enjoy. For commercial rom, i wont speak about it, as we dont speak about warez here. But i tried to play some music (reencoded mp3) and it worked ! The quality is not so good of course, but no so bad if you consider the unit is only @16 Mhz.

edit : for the ds lite (i have one too) you will just need a passkey in add, but i use the same supercard, which is, IMO, the cheaper solution

thats brilliant, thanks for the help, could anyone suggest anywhere (preferrebaly in the uk) to buy a supercard? ive looked on ebay but im worried about getting landed with a fake, ive looked at www.gameswebshop.net but a supercard is £43, is that about the right price? on this site they also have a 256mb flashcart set on this site for £23, are these any good?

greven., where did you get your supercard from?

CUPC4KES posted on Aug 27 2006 at 10:10 PM said:
thats brilliant, thanks for the help, could anyone suggest anywhere (preferrebaly in the uk) to buy a supercard? ive looked on ebay but im worried about getting landed with a fake, ive looked at www.gameswebshop.net but a supercard is £43, is that about the right price? on this site they also have a 256mb flashcart set on this site for £23, are these any good?

greven., where did you get your supercard from?

That's a lot of cash. I got my Supercard SD and 512mb for 45 quid off ebay months ago.

These days the in place seems to be Bamboogaming Several guys from here have bought from them.

Changing their front page to UK money shows a Supercard SD + 1Gig card for £34.19 at time of writing!

Blimey I might get another one :)

Yep,I think indeed that the deal of BaDToaD is quite faire, because I bought my supercard mini 50€ in france (34 GBP) and thats was when it was just released.

i actually ended up ordering one from the link that declaration gave me, bamboo were cheaper but the other was in he uk and free postage, so i got the mini sd super card for 32 quid and 1gb card for 20. as it happens i went back to gamestation and swaped my preowned silver one that was dented all over the back for a brand new one (only £10 extra but i had credit notes) unfortunately they only had pink, but its not that bad, i gave the store person some crap that the a button was a bit dodgy. thanks for the help everyone :D

i got my mini sd card and my supercard today, and i thought i may need a little help, but not quite so soon...... i put my mini sd, into the sd adapter, into my built in card reader on my laptop, the sd card icon appears in 'my computer' i click on it, it says the sd card is not formatted, do you want to do this now, i click yes, then it says unable to format card.... now when i put the card in, it appears, i click on it and i get a message saying 'insert disk into drive e' i did a search and found out that some old card readers or built in ones cant read the larger sd cards (1gb) im worried that the sd card is no good. does anyone reckon its better to get a card reader?

CUPC4KES posted on Aug 30 2006 at 01:27 PM said:
i got my mini sd card and my supercard today, and i thought i may need a little help, but not quite so soon...... i put my mini sd, into the sd adapter, into my built in card reader on my laptop, the sd card icon appears in 'my computer' i click on it, it says the sd card is not formatted, do you want to do this now, i click yes, then it says unable to format card.... now when i put the card in, it appears, i click on it and i get a message saying 'insert disk into drive e' i did a search and found out that some old card readers or built in ones cant read the larger sd cards (1gb) im worried that the sd card is no good. does anyone reckon its better to get a card reader?

Yes

Wouldn't recommend supercard for GBA games a lot suffer from slowdown due to the way, due to the memory area it uses for GBA games. On the DS side of things it rocks.
If you want both high GBA and DS compatability get an M3.

Back