Just Bought A Ds Lite!

Javacat

Founder of the WarmFluffyUK fan club
Website
Visit site
I bought a black DS lite a couple of days ago. I'm going to get an R4DS for it from DealExtreme.com for playing DS games, but would also like something to play GBA games on it. Originally I wasn't going to bother with a GBA flash card, but then I put my Golden Sun card into it and saw that the card sticks right out of the case, which looks ugly and will be a PITA.
I've looked around this forum and it appears as though the recommended method for playing GBA games on a DS lite is using an M3 Lite Perfect. I've been looking around, but can't find anywhere reasonably cheap to buy them from.
Can anyone recommend anywhere to get the M3 Lite Perfect from? I'll need somewhere that ships to the UK.

I've been looking around and it appears as though this bundle is the best deal. An R4 DS + an M3 Perfect Lite for $102.

Anyone know any better deals or have experience with gameyeeeah?

I had considered the EZFlash V but its compatibility isn't as good as the R4 + M3.

From the reviews I've read, the ezf v doesn't have any worse compatibility than an R4. It even makes SAV files for any game that you put on the card, so you don't have to worry about conversion. The only time when you do have to worry about conversion is if you have a slow memory card or a game that is not supported. All you need to do is put the games through the conversion software provided with the flash cart and then run the games in "hybrid mode". The same applies for the R4 and the M3 Simply (which is the exact same thing as the R4 but has a different name). Plus, the memory card slot is on the side of the cart, so you'll never lose the memory card, unless you're a complete moron. ;) Beware though it's not spring loaded, so you'll have to pull the card out with both your thumb and a finger.

Unfortunately you can only put one game at a time on the ez expansion card. The limit is 32MB and it takes a couple minutes to write a game to the NOR flash. The rumble is pretty loud when set on high, but it isn't nearly as bad when on low. But it does let you use the DS browser, although the browser itself is terribly slow. Sorry for ruining some of your hopes about the expansion card.

Enjoy your card! I may actually get a DS instead of a GP2X...

edit: Just get an R4 for your own good...

i got my r4 about 2 days ago and its great! its completly taken over my gaming now. i ordered my from here but its uk based.

it cost me in all £46.49 posted special delivery but you cant change that :blink:

+ thats with 2gb

lil update, after doing much googling and reading this post I decided to order an R4DS (with a 2GB microsd) and an EZFlash 3 in 1 from dealextreme.

Likewise. Having been playing LoZ:pH through No$GBA I think it would be better for me to get a flash card so I may go for what Javacat has gone for. Phantom Hourglass is brilliant by the way, even if I have to start it again everytime I shut down No$GBA even though I save it.

Is this stuff on the DS much kop?
I've heard you have to flash your firmware and all that which really isn't good...For one you can't play online even if don't brick it if you do do that.

Josquius said:
I've heard you have to flash your firmware and all that which really isn't good...For one you can't play online even if don't brick it if you do do that.
You don't have to flash, thought it is advisable to do so. The chance of bricking is extremely slim and you can of course still play online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josquius said:
Nah mate, you don't need to flash, and there is no benefit in doing so. All you need to do is the following:

1) Buy a Slot 1 device, such as the R4
2) Buy a memory card
3) Using the memory card reader included with the R4, add backups or homebrew to the card (homebrew apps may need to be run through a special program first, but this is still very simple)
4) Put Mem card in Slot 1 Device
5) Put device into DS
6) Turn on
7) Enjoy!

Piece of piss.

Just noticed its across 2 different threads here, been looking at the other one wondering where the hell my post went :lol:

The above seems a little too easy...That really is all you need to do and its GP32 easy to get stuff running? I was certain homebrew players for the NDS cost £70...but then that was a while back.
So that is definatly all the best?

Sorry about this but I'm northern, a student and Jewish so when it comes to money I'm not the most free spending person in the world :p

Josquius said:
Just noticed its across 2 different threads here, been looking at the other one wondering where the hell my post went :lol:

The above seems a little too easy...That really is all you need to do and its GP32 easy to get stuff running? I was certain homebrew players for the NDS cost £70...but then that was a while back.
So that is definatly all the best?

Sorry about this but I'm northern, a student and Jewish so when it comes to money I'm not the most free spending person in the world :p
Don't worry, it really is that easy. And the price? I know another Jew not too far away who saw this fit for purchase.

£18 with free shipping

Good luck with all your DS endevours.

EDIT: Actually, I am aware of 2 Jews here who've bought one o_O...

I too can vouch for the R4; simply drag & drop roms to the root of the card.

Back