I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

Franxis: Thanks for bringing up that topic in the idea section. :)

I can say from the looks of things, compatibility isn't as big an issue. What would be helpful for this early release is a "playability list" of sorts. When the release is made, knowing how games are performing (whether well or poorly) will help alot. Not only for those looking for good games to play, but for me to see which games are performing poorly. I can tell a lot of games that perform poorly can be grouped by the developer working on them. It might be able to be fixed by "idle loop elimination" optimizations.

Games I played that enjoyed playing:
Chu Chu Rocket
PacMan Collection
BustAMove (homebrew)
Mario & Luigi ran really well but has a bug in it (Exophase is working on it)

There's a lot more but those are only the ones I can remember right now.
Some games you think would run slowly run really fast, and others you think would be very fast run slowly.
By adding a frameskip of 1 more games work as well.

I'm waiting a little bit more for the release.

Things about this release that will be annoying:
- The menu controls are really sensitive.
- A lot of peoples favorite games will be too slow.
- You'll feel if you just removed the sound things will run great. ;P
- You'll be reminded it's just an early version and there's plenty to do.

When it is released and if you feel you want to donate...Exophase really deserves more donations than he gets imho.

Waiting a bit more...

what else is left emu wise for the gp2x?

I would like to see xroar ported to the 2x, then my sd card would be complete (with gpsp aswell ofcourse)

Can't wait for the Alpha release, I was going to buy a micro the weekend just to mess around with over christmas, but I dont think I will bother now I would rather donate the money to zodttd:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hack cartridges aren't $200. One for GBA only is about $50, and one that will play DS roms and works in a DS runs around $80-100
Edit: Nevermind, just now noticed that your in Canada.

A Micro and CF/SD adapter could cost less than $150 if you shop around. -- Canada? Nevermind.

As soon as the release is able to run Golden Sun at a acceptable Speed (~50%), I'll donate to you ZodTTD and Exopause. Could you post your/his paypal adress, plz?

This is so exciting, I've never played a GBA before, but there are a ton of games that I'd love to try out... If any of the 30 or so on my wishlist are playable I'll donate to both developers.

This is so exciting, I've never played a GBA before, but there are a ton of games that I'd love to try out... If any of the 30 or so on my wishlist are playable I'll donate to both developers.

What are these 30 games ... can you put the list here ??

Thanks .. zodttd.

Hack cartridges aren't $200. One for GBA only is about $50, and one that will play DS roms and works in a DS runs around $80-100
Edit: Nevermind, just now noticed that your in Canada.
That he's in Canada is irrelevant. The Canadian dollar is quite strong at the moment. I got my M3 "hack cartridge" for way way less than $200 and I didn't even have to pay customs since the company that sold it to me is based out of Quebec.

$75-ish for an M3 + $50 for a GBM (Canadian dollars). Then just buy the cheapest SD or CF card you can find and go to town.

I think I know zodttd's secret!

You see Zodttd is the real Santa Claus and Gpsp is our Christmas gift. Yay! We must have been veeery good people this year ^.^

Back