I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

wipeout2000 posted on Dec 2 2006 at 10:49 PM said:
Hey zottd, I think implementing a frame counter would be ideal for a next release. I tested out the star wars III revenge of the sith game. It was barely playable but I did not really see a performance boost with fs2. Maybe cuz of mode 7 or something, but i think it will really give ppl an idea how things improve when they tweak things ;)

What a brilliant idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright boys I have an update.
I have greatly dressed up the wiki.gp2x page for gpSP with proper grammar, formatting, controls and the lot (it looked pretty dodgy before ;)).
I have also included a compatibility table which is easy to update.
For those not familiar with the wiki format simply go to edit then scroll down to the bottom and add in your game with the relevant details (shown there)
Enjoy :D

Yeah I guess it was sorry bout that.
If you see a problem don't ask just correct it :).

Man I'm so pumped about release #4, I can't wait much longer!!! Zodttd and Exophase are really doing a great job. :)

I was just playing "Avatar the last Air Bender." It plays very well except for the music is sort of choppy. :)

edit: Freezes at different points rather randomly. I've had to restart the game then.

RikkyC posted on Dec 2 2006 at 06:46 PM said:
Alright boys I have an update.
I have greatly dressed up the wiki.gp2x page for gpSP with proper grammar, formatting, controls and the lot (it looked pretty dodgy before ;)).
I have also included a compatibility table which is easy to update.
For those not familiar with the wiki format simply go to edit then scroll down to the bottom and add in your game with the relevant details (shown there)
Enjoy :D
Thanks, I just copied the original out of the readme word-for-word and added minimal formatting. ;)

Wow, what a marvellous emulator. GBA is my only holy grail of GP2X (the other was Amiga). It's already looking promising.

Here are my results so far:
@200mhz:
Bust-A-Move: running perfect, without any fs.
Chu Chu Rocket: running great, fs2

@266mHz, normal version:
Mario Kart Advance: barely playable @fs2. (using the fast version of the emu actually seemed to make this game slower)

@266mHz, fast version:
Payback :eek: : Unplayable. Menu screen gfx corrupted, in game dog slow (damn, now I'm gonna have to get the GP2X version :D )
Driver 2: dog slow, even at fs2.
Final Fight One: barely playable @fs2.
Mario Golf: fs2, barely playable, but very slow ingame.

Recently i try to run some HAM-based (www.ngine.de) apps under gpSP. They works flawlessly(but slow at this time :( ). It open possibilities to develop us applications in this powerfull SDK and VisualHAM IDE for GBA and use it for gp2x in the next more faster revisions of gpSP.
Unbelievable!
GOD BLESS THE ZOD!(and Exophase too)

software scaling can provide a better picture but costs performance, hardware scaling doesn't cost any performance but may look worse, at least on gp2x.

I know a lot of people are happy just to have GBA emulation, but how many people here are actually excited to show all their friends who once said "Pfff, but can it do GBA? I didn't think so." Now who's laughing? Muahaha!

DaGrooved1 posted on Dec 3 2006 at 11:13 AM said:
I know a lot of people are happy just to have GBA emulation, but how many people here are actually excited to show all their friends who once said "Pfff, but can it do GBA? I didn't think so." Now who's laughing? Muahaha!
one of my friends wanted a GP2x if it could do fullspeed GBA, but he quit his job so he doesn't have money, and his parents don't have the money right now either...

DaGrooved1 posted on Dec 3 2006 at 04:13 PM said:
I'm pretty happy with the PSP version so I don't really need it I guess, but I'm still very excited about this project cos I love my GP2x and want to see good things happen for it :)

Back