I Finally Finished Payback's Story Mode!

Alex.

Retired
I finally got Gold ratings at episodes 3 and 6, which together unlocked The Big Track and Real Park. Episode 6 got a lot easier once I found the long shortcut for the rocket car :)

Now to take on the remaining story missions, and search for secrets :) Here's hoping Apex Designs will release this game or a follow up to it for the Pandora, too!

Aiming is a lot easier with the flamethrower :D As for driving, I find car handling to feel quite nice, however I noticed some posts by F-200 users saying Payback controls are much better with the new pad.

Congrats! I could never get out of jail. How do you get out of jail?

Can you post your save game here?

Thanks!

:gp2x

gatorpal said:
There's a key in a library-like part of the jail, and a chain-link fence in another that it opens. Then you can wander around and find the helicopter, which lets you fly into the city just North of the prison. Although I've done *that* a hundred times, I still have problems surviving long enough to complete the mission once I'm in the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
ledow said:
gatorpal said:
There's a key in a library-like part of the jail, and a chain-link fence in another that it opens. Then you can wander around and find the helicopter, which lets you fly into the city just North of the prison. Although I've done *that* a hundred times, I still have problems surviving long enough to complete the mission once I'm in the city.

Helicopter ? I had a submarine!!!!

And, sorry to hijack this thread, anyone got any advice on driving the rocket car? I always crash :-(

simonb said:
Helicopter ? I had a submarine!!!!

And, sorry to hijack this thread, anyone got any advice on driving the rocket car? I always crash :-(
Submarine? :eek: Only drive the rocket car at full speed on the long shortcut, while on city roads just tap the acceleration every now and then to keep it under control.

96% completion :ph34r:

I got 100%, now I'm greeted by the burgundy menu :)

I'm never happy when I complete a game though, I always get the feeling that a special world just came to and end and ceased to exist. Good thing I still have some Los Francos missions left over to have some fun with :) Superb job Apex Designs!

Congrats, I never even completed the demo. :eek:
Very impressive game though, I'm just bad with completing games I've started to play.

So many things to do, so little time.. ;)

jbrodack said:
This game seemed well done from the demo just also seemed too much a clone of gta. I'd rather pay for something more original.
Shocking, considering thats what they were trying to create ;-)

If you want something more original, have a look at wind & water... well recommended

Back