Release Hurrican sourcecode released!

Load them as sounds instead. You have more channels to play with!

About the music: It starts to play but then fades out after a few seconds. So it seems it's just muted :)

I think i know what is happening, fmod is different in that it allows multiple music streams at the same time. SDL_mixer only allows one. I think that may be happening is that the new song is started and then a command is given to fade out the previous song, but with SDL_mixer the fade out would be applied to the new song.

I think an easy fix would be to store the address for the currently played stream and then only do volume control if the address matches.

Video is up now for anyone waiting

Ive taken that approach before and its nice, but with chunks they are fully loaded to memory. I tried this with polyhedra and the ogg music ended up taking up so much memory that it would run on the wiz.

Either way i made a change last night that only does the volume changes if the changes requested are for the currently played stream and it seems to have worked.

Ive taken that approach before and its nice, but with chunks they are fully loaded to memory. I tried this with polyhedra and the ogg music ended up taking up so much memory that it would run on the wiz.

Either way i made a change last night that only does the volume changes if the changes requested are for the currently played stream and it seems to have worked.

g-streamer would also be an option, i've replaced sdl mixer with gstreamer backend for audiorace on the pandora to have a wider range of supported codecs. it was kind of a pain to find the right information how and what and so on, but in the end it works really well and is easy to use. if you want i can give you my backend source ...

hey pickle -- does the game use a sprite-sheet with prerendered 3d models on it? or does it actually use full 3d models nicely animated? (the main player character looks nicely detailed.) Quite inspiring :)

jeff

Great work on this port Pickle, Fun to see you've got 404 Posts (not found) here .. Fun game, and really incredible porting speed!

Created a sourceforge project page yesterday, but I have not uploaded the opengl/SDL files yet.

Theres an instability on the pandora build on the second level, which im not sure what is the cause. I hope its music related, but more testing is needed.

Can't wait to play this on my brandnew Pandora from GC! Thank you Pickle for porting it! Hopefully all main problems will be solved in near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
The complete source code is uploaded to sourceforge project, i havnt had much time to test it yet so there could be name mismatches if you use a case sensitive system like linux.

I'm really looking forward to a working release of a linux version of the great game.

Thanks for porting and uploading your modifications to sourceforge.

I've ckecked it out to give the compiling a try, but wasn't able to find a makefile, CMakeLists.txt or a file that is used by autotools.

How do I compile it ?

little update, there have been some bug fixes and I also added support for modplug for music (looks like mikmod has memory corruption depending on what order songs and loaded and played). So the PC linux build seems pretty stable now.

I also still have the crashes/lockups when loading level 2. It may be a memory things, ive seen top report 190 mb used. Could be a real bug though. What i would really like to be able to do is run the app in gdb over serial console (so i can see it and interact with it). But i dont know if this will work with X.

Was joystick support added to this port? I've found some sdl stuff trying to do this in your code, but my joystick isn't really recognized.

Back