Release Hurrican sourcecode released!

i've looked into it - and from what i've seen it's very clean and probably something that could be rewritten using penjin if penjin supports sprite rotations.

What makes DirectX so difficult to convert to OpenGL or SDL or something? If it helps in explaining, I've got a bit of practice with SFML, by the way.

Ah finally. I've been watching this for some years and for me wine-emulation wasn't very pleasing. Of course the original Amiga-version is the only real one ;) , but never the less I'm looking forward to this one.

Edit: Oops "wine-emulation"!? .... Yeah, i know: WINE=Wine Is Not an Emulator

Last edited by a moderator:
hum, that game seems nice... too bad we can't port it easily...

Wow, that looks fantastic :)

Hmm .. need to get back to simpler games, balls out fun games, my latest game is huuuge, taking way too many years to write :p

jeff

Pretty sure I can port this with enough time. So far I know this.

FMod -> SDL_mixer

DIrectx -> SDL/OpenGL (i have a lot of this done with a previous project)

unrarlib -> If it doesnt exist for linux I would use physfs to replace it.

And other linux compatible conversions i.e. main().

FMod -> SDL_mixer

Go for it.

FMod -> SDL_mixer

That would be quite impressive, indeed!

I also love T2002.

It was a very faithful remake based on Turrican 2 with new Levelsets and a leveleditor.

It even had a working GBA demo version - but no sourcecode or anything similar available :(

I also love T2002.

It was a very faithful remake based on Turrican 2 with new Levelsets and a leveleditor.

It even had a working GBA demo version - but no sourcecode or anything similar available :(

i came into this thread to suggest this. perhaps petitioning the author would be worthwhile?

Last edited by a moderator:
hum, T2002 seems great... I can't belive I missed that on my GBM... gonna correct this error...

I just downloaded the GBA version of T2002 (they claim it to be complete on their site), and tested it in GPSP (both Ginge and native Pandora versions), but the game crashes and stutters a lot unfortunately. I don't know if it's designed to run fullspeed on a stock GBA, or if it's designed to run under a sped up GBA emulator. I tried to overclock the Pandora, but it is still very slow. Too bad, it seems to be a great game!

Back