Trimui Smart Pro Handheld (pickle ports)

Chinese stuff these days feels solid but it's still cheap shit expected to malfunction in 18 months. And the environmental cost is clearly not factored in. Chinese propaganda states that they are the master race, westerners are inferior moral retrogrades and they are happy to sell us junk and trash the environment. You guys get excited because your taschengeld goes a long way but these devices will be in the bin before you get your pyra.

• Love
Reactions: rSl
Chinese stuff these days feels solid but it's still cheap shit expected to malfunction in 18 months. And the environmental cost is clearly not factored in. Chinese propaganda states that they are the master race, westerners are inferior moral retrogrades and they are happy to sell us junk and trash the environment. You guys get excited because your taschengeld goes a long way but these devices will be in the bin before you get your pyra.
While I agree on the enviromental impact, a lot of electronics come from China. Almost all iPhones, Playstation, Xbox etc. which usually aren't regarded as cheap trash.
And I guess in Europe we've regarded ourselves as superior with our environmental laws while driving in a Chinese made EV containing all the same electronics, charged with Chinese solar panels.
Lots of people in China are poor and rather feed their family than care for the environment. Caring for your environment is only possible when you don't worry about your survival. So buying all their cheap crap makes it so they eventually can care. Every country needs to go through this transition, so the only thing we can do is speed up this process.
The whole reason a Pandora is harder to create and thus way more expensive is due to all those good laws. Most people just buy what is affordable. So either make thrash more expensive or make good stuff more affordable.

I've got heaps of cheap Chinese handhelds that I play (rotating roster) frequently. Quite a few are over 2 years old and none have malfunctioned.
Post automatically merged:

The device has a cross compiler released, supporting GLES1/2 and Vulkan
Would you mind sharing a link where you found this, please? I'm interested to set up cross-compiling, and have searched for information on doing so, but haven't found any. The discussion on Reddit is quite dismissive around trying anything beyond Playstation, which is silly given how well PS and PSP games actually run on it. TIA

Would you mind sharing a link where you found this, please? I'm interested to set up cross-compiling, and have searched for information on doing so, but haven't found any. The discussion on Reddit is quite dismissive around trying anything beyond Playstation, which is silly given how well PS and PSP games actually run on it. TIA
sorry im not getting emails on replies to the thread and didnt check till now. You can find the SDK here:

Ive had to tweak things, i.e. paths to where i put the SDK.

Last game i had running and perfectly was VVVVVV.
i dont think this is any worse than the GPH and probably better. The worst im expecting is the battery to give out, i think some of the chinese devices may not be handling thermals that great. So pushing them might lead to early failure.
So far ive been glad with getting the trimui smart pro and for the cost it was worth the risk. Maybe the most surprising thing is the controls. Usually when these devices are made cheap as possible the controls suck, but as far as can tell it isnt bad.
The worst thing with these devices is the loaded sdcards which we all know is illegal. (I ordered mine without the sdcard).

New video from RGC.

Also, my TrimUI Smart finally arrived <3

images - 2024-07-27T185624.349.jpeg

trimui_smart_collection_1719362020_860c5aad_progressive~2.jpg

Back