http://apps.open-pandora.org/ not showing correctly in default Midora browser

Don't use that. Use one of the others. I hear Chromium and Lightweight2 are really good.

Yep, Chromium is very cool.

However, Midori is the one installed by default, so pretty much all new users will click the internet icon ( Midori ), visit the app store, and not see the right buttons etc.

Believe me, a lot of people here don't want madori to be in the firmware. It's horrible. The rendering error you see is a fault in midori and there isn't anything I can do about it. I don't know why it's still included.

Believe me, a lot of people here don't want madori to be in the firmware. It's horrible. The rendering error you see is a fault in midori and there isn't anything I can do about it. I don't know why it's still included.

It's not a fault in midori, it's a fault in Webkit-GTK. When that is upgraded, midori and all other browsers using Webkit-GTK will work fine too.

Yep, Chromium is very cool.

However, Midori is the one installed by default, so pretty much all new users will click the internet icon ( Midori ), visit the app store, and not see the right buttons etc.

actually arora is also installed by default.

It's not a fault in midori, it's a fault in Webkit-GTK. When that is upgraded, midori and all other browsers using Webkit-GTK will work fine too.
+10000

Because it handles most of the internet with no problems, it has a very small memory, storage, and CPU footprint, it starts fast, it closes fast, and it's actually touch screen friendly. Chromium still crashes disturbingly often (which I guess counts as closing fast, at least :p ), and even after creating a swap file I still find that Firefox (4, the latest as of last weekend) tends to frequently grind to a halt, chewing up 100% CPU doing Lord only knows what.

I like Midori. It's got some rendering issues (which you actually could do something about, and it was mentioned way back on gp32x when you were first doing the beta how you could avoid them) but is otherwise a very tight browser. Rendering issues would be solved with an upgrade anyway.

Back