How will you promote your PANDORA?

pokitfoxx

Im fairly active, when i got my dingoo, I was awestruck! when on public transportation and even at stores, i would pull it out and play and people would be like wtf is that, and id show it off to them and watch their jaws drop and their wallets getting lighter with the thought of purchasing one! good times, recently i cracked my screen and ordered a new one immediately. anyways onto pandora. because im 99% positive i will want it with me all the time, i know im going to want to show it off and convince the majority of people i come in contact with to buy one. im even willing to go out of my way to find the right communities in my area that would benefit from the pandora and the endless benefits it will have. so how will you show it off and put it in the spotlight? is there anyone planning on making a wicked to show off video of the pandoras abilities? i think this would be great, just a lil movie easily downloadable on your pandora and if people are like whats that, ou just got it ready to go.

what are your pandora promoting strategies?

I think seeing it in use (in my case working in a business run with computers, if mine shows up before I get laid off again), will be the biggest thing for promotion. Sadly though, preorder waiting will stop most who would want one spur of the moment. However, it seems despite that there are enough of us out there who will want one no matter the wait, and if this ever gets stable enough that delays are no longer a constant occurrence, then I think that word of mouth and youtube videos will be enough to make this project quite successful.

I spend a huge amount of time on public transport, approx 8+ hours a day and will use my Pandora the majority of the time.

Some hi-res eye candy promo vids would be great to show it off.

I would also be interested in buying merchandise too.

Cheesy slogans welcome "Retro for the Metro" or printed TShirts with pics of the OPT.

man, just fooling around with some cool retro games will certainly catch the attention of some of my friends :)

put up posters of craig on billboards with the slogan 'pandora-makes you wear funny hats and drink vodka' :p

though the robot has drawn a little attention from outside pandora land already :D

I use it, thats mostly enought to get some eyebrows raised and some remarks made :)

Havent met anybody that didnt find it at least a little bit impressive.

I made a poster. Didn't promote it though, but the thought was there!

pandora_advert_1983.JPG

Are you a bus driver? I'd really hope your attention is going on the road, not your Pandora ;)

:) alas I am only a lowly Civil Engineer in London so have a wide and congested patch to cover. Although, I did see a Bus Driver with feet on dash reading the paper in traffic. (Living the Dream - Not ! ).

Fact = Everyone needs a Pandora, they just might not know it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably be using it everywhere I spend time, so I think I'll be answering a lot of questions from people interested in it. I don't plan on explicitly "promoting" it (like "hey, check this out, man! it's awesome!!!"), but rather seeing who's interested and then pushing them to the openpandora.org page if they're a bit more seriously interested than just curious.

Might link to the openpandora site from mine eventually, too. :)

im gonna go with the cloverfield promotion, im gonna randomly walk around town with the pandora that i dont have and make random people wonder why im holding my hands in front of my chest with nothing in it

The first picture shown on Google Images when you search for "pandora craig" is-

EzXrS.428118-02.jpg

I don't know what to say to this.

Back