Will You Call Off Of Work When Your Pandora Comes?

If I get a dev unit, then I will use it for my day job, my management agreed it was useful :)

If I can't get a dev unit, I might have problems with my management :D

probably not, though i will definitely take it to work and play around with it on my desk. my desk is so full of crap i doubt anyone will notice or care tbh :)

atomicthumbs said:
I will attempt to convince my mother that recieving a Pandora is an occasion which merits staying home from school.
If the projected June/July release date holds true, wouldn't school be over? Or does your school end abnormally late?

Last edited by a moderator:
Orkie said:
Do most schools not finish towards the end of July?
Mine finishes in the middle of June, and that's late for many schools. Well, that's the case for New Jersey, dunno about the rest of the US or the rest of the world.

Orkie said:
Here in Finland we finish in the end of this month :D

Hahaha. I had hoped to have one by the end of this school year, but a summer release will allow me to get all of the solid days of staying up amazed with it out of the way when I don't have school to attend.

However, I'll probably be buying a higher ratio of cargo pants : jeans so I can take it every day next year and never let it out of my possession, playing when I can.

Edit: In New York, and finals end in the middle of June but the last day (some people have finals right up to it) is the 23rd or something.

someboddy said:
I'm a soldier so not only I won't be able to take the day off when it'll arrive - I won't be able to take it untill the weekend... or maybe even the next weekend ;-(
Heh, join the club :p

Orkie said:
Some don't even finish then! In Australia we get our breaks in between semesters and terms and then we have an 8 week break over Xmas.

Yes.

If I can't, I bring it to work.
If they complain, I brag.
If they threaten, I say:

"You know what I can do with a Unix terminal. You feelin' lucky, punk?" :lol:

JakeK said:
someboddy said:
I'm a soldier so not only I won't be able to take the day off when it'll arrive - I won't be able to take it untill the weekend... or maybe even the next weekend ;-(
Heh, join the club :p

Orkie said:
Some don't even finish then! In Australia we get our breaks in between semesters and terms and then we have an 8 week break over Xmas.

Since you're on the other side of the equator, Christmas for you is during the summer. Your long Christmas break lines up with the US/Northern Hemisphere long summer break/vacation. (Not in terms of time of year, but in terms of weather.)

(Right?)

Back