Pandora How to Port an App from A to Z : Pandoralive

I like how Pickle is subscribed to this thread and keeps bumping it back to our attention. Seems like he's enjoying the drama. Or maybe just waiting in case it comes back on topic some time.

Mammals in general are very interested in boobs, fact of life.
Yes. As food. I do not drink from my girlfriend's breasts...
However, you have to distinguish between breasts for feeding purpose, which is for babies (are you one?), breasts as sexual sensory organ and breasts as erotic attraction.

As I know, we are the only mammals, for which breasts are such an attraction, which is though the subject.

Most mammals have very small and unimpressive breasts. Most apes are more into asses (even more than we ;) ). The reason, why humans (who like women ;) ) look more at breasts instead of asses, is the upright walking. The breasts are nearly at eye level.

So: No. Mammals in general are NOT very interested in boobs in that sense, we discuss.

Well, I'd guess there was a high rate of silicon in some of those pictures, so...

As a girl, I think it's great you're making a fuss over the proper use of my "chest equipment."

Okay, so that was sarcasm.

While I didn't find the pictures in the tutorial to be offensive, nor in good taste, they were humorous, and I found they broke up the monotony of reading a massively long tutorial, which otherwise might not have been helpful, due to its sheer need for reading.

I like the tutorial for the content it had that mattered.  I didn't automatically hate it for something it had that I felt could have been replaced with more tasteful imagery.  I also didn't keep from reading it, due to these things.

I could lecture for hours about how, when a man is seen as an object, it is considered socially beneficial to him, and the opposite is true for women, but I feel it is not relevant to the ideas initially presented.

Also, if someone does not wish to use SSH nor the Pandora Keyboard, a decent USB Keyboard can be had for 8 USD, and functional, yet less good ones are available at 4 USD or less.  I apologize for not knowing the present exchange values for those in Euros.  Google is your friend.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

-Arkitsu <3

So: No. Mammals in general are NOT very interested in boobs in that sense, we discuss.
Perhaps only childish mammals like me!

So WE can conclude DREDD did not come from a monkey, maybe he is a silicon based creature ^_^
^ there has been some failure of logic here!

a decent USB Keyboard can be had
Good point, my USB hub is broken so I forgot it... a USB keyboard would also work for apps that don't run in a terminal.

Thanks for liking that tutorial. Want to have a go at porting something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps only childish mammals like me!
>a decent USB Keyboard can be had
Good point, my USB hub is broken so I forgot it... a USB keyboard would also work for apps that don't run in a terminal.

Thanks for liking that tutorial. Want to have a go at porting something?
Maybe we could suggest some ports to be made and let users come with their own PNDs to see what struggles they face? :)  

If I write another article, I'll make sure to include pictures of attractive men, in order to avoid claims of sexist bias.  Although most people are biased one way or the other.
I don't think the people complaining about the illustrations are upset about the bias. They're upset about the sexism.

Note that displaying sexist attitudes is basically scalar. Adding a second post with a guy pics will not take you back to zero, it will just make you come across as twice as sexist to whoever minds such images being applied to random technical writing.

While I didn't find the pictures in the tutorial to be offensive, nor in good taste, they were humorous, and I found they broke up the monotony of reading a massively long tutorial, which otherwise might not have been helpful, due to its sheer need for reading.

I like the tutorial for the content it had that mattered.  I didn't automatically hate it for something it had that I felt could have been replaced with more tasteful imagery.  I also didn't keep from reading it, due to these things.
Thanks for this.

Now can we go back to the topic here please : that tutorial. Thanks

BTW, there is a new post on porting Arkanoid from ptitSeb on the blog. Haven't read it yet but I'm guessing it's excellent. He describes my article as "long"... but his is still longer (and all round better I'm guessing)... It includes many irrelevant pussy (cat) pictures for your enjoyment.

I don't think the people complaining about the illustrations are upset about the bias. They're upset about the sexism.
If I would include both pictures of both beautiful men and beautiful women, then you can wrongly say that I am anti-human, but not specifically anti-woman. If anything, my supposed sexism is discriminating against MEN by not including any pictures of men. Or perhaps I am discriminating against unhealthy people by showing only "fit" people. I say that the photos are mildly erotic, sexual, but not really *sexist* at all.

It might be mildly sexist to show a picture of a blonde lady reversing a car into a ditch, but I'm not saying these models are stupid or inferior in any way. (fwiw, I don't tell blonde jokes.) The models look beautiful to me, and as for what little I know about them, I appreciate their other contributions - Miranda Kerr is a pacifist, Jess Alba has acted in some movies that I like and promotes top-shelf childcare products (and caring well for children) on Facebook. These are really beautiful, luminous, and inspirational people. "Oh, it's a picture of a model, that's sexist" - I don't follow the reasoning. Even _wb_ has said later in this thread, he's not sure what I did is "sexist" - maybe it's just "irrelevant".

I accept that it's slightly inappropriate to post erotic photos in an article intended for general audience. Some people don't want their children to see such things, and some people try to avoid looking at them for religious or personal reasons. So maybe I should avoid it in future. But I don't see how it is sexist.

If anyone did talk seriously about the text of my article in this thread - go ahead sebt3 - I would be keen to respond. I would appreciate friendly criticism.

edit: this I think was my 666th post, congrats are in order

You know Dredd, even if you post pictures of men, you will get people complaining about the fact you are not representing all colors (need to respect the official quota!) or conditions (don't forget to included obese people, anorexic people, handicapped people and dwarves (my preference goes to Peter Dinklage, excellent actor by the way, and you can kill two birds with one stone by putting his GQ pictures)) so there is a very high likelihood that you will be taxed of discriminating against something and be attacked for it. You can always find discrimination (call it sexism or something else) everywhere. 

Welcome to the 21st century thought-crime society. :D  1984 was not too far off. 

Back