Release Dillo - a fast light browser, without javascript

Dillo seems to work okay for reading the boards (except no spoilers!).

Let's see if I can make a post with it...

posted from my Open Pandora running Dillo 3.0.3

edit: yes it did work! feels much more responsive than firefox

Last edited by a moderator:
Dillo shows how fast the web could (should) be for everyone. The development of client side scripting was a terrible idea: servers should have gotten the job of handling code - clients should have just rendered pages.

It would have been a better world.

Do they actually MAKE websites that don't have Java anymore, LOL??

Seriously, this sounds good for stuff like cheking my web-based everything.mail and so on.  I may have to give it a try.  I do not need Firefox for everything.

Javascript, not Java. Very different things.

And unfortunately, not really :/

I don't think runtime zooming will be easy to imlement.

Another nice (hard) thing to add would be kinetic scrolling on click and drag.

What is used for pageup/pagedown?

Dillo Korea is Best korea. (sort of)

Its not using the settings in /appdata/dillo3. Instead, its still using the settings in /appdata/dillo3/.dillo. Also, it overwrote the settings I already had. So, it should only copy the settings to /appdata/ when there are none in it.
ok I think I've fixed the FAT32 issue in 3.0.3.3.

It's like making websites for IE...  pls try it Zero3k
It works. Thanks for fixing the mentioned issue.

Flickering is occurring when doing these things:

1. It occurs when having one tab already open with a site in it, opening another site in a new tab, and going back to the previous tab.

2. It occurs on certain pages when scrolling through them. One such page is a page containing screenshots of a Pokemon Episode which can be found by going to http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/780ps3.shtml .

3. It occurs when moving through the contents of/typing in a text box such as the one used to post a reply to this post.

Also, foreign pages aren't displaying correctly (I'm getting squares instead).

The development of client side scripting was a terrible idea: servers should have gotten the job of handling code - clients should have just rendered pages.

It would have been a better world.
I would prefer if servers simply provide data in sensible formats (plain text, TSV, key:value records, HTML templates) and the clients assemble the webpages.  This can be done with javascript, or using a different sort of browser.  It would be much more responsive, since no need to download the same HTML boilerplate over and over again.  But maybe I'm just talking about a browser with a template engine in it, not client-side scripting.

fixed the bug where it doesn't unmount the PND / locks up minimenu - on the repo

sorry for too much consecutive posts!  better do something before posting next time...  I'm such a chatterbox.

1. Also, it would be nice if it could remember the size/state it was last at and open at that the next time it is ran.

2. I managed to fix the majority of the flickering by changing the buffered_drawing option in dillorc to 2.

I discovered a reproducible crash in it. It crashes when I press up in a drop down box when its list isn't showing.

I'm reading the online novel Worm on my Pandora.

I put all the content together in one large HTML file (using my elite scripting skillz) and am reading it in Dillo.

It's a big novel - If I printed Worm it would come to over 4000 pages of A4 (so far).  That's 8 reams!

So anyway, now I know that Dillo works pretty good with large HTML files.

BTW: Worm is a very popular novel

Back