How Many Of You Had A Gp2X?

The Pandora represents me abandoning Nokia: my current handheld is an N800, and I still have a 770.
Nokia was me abandoning Palm, which stopping making interesting non-phones (or phones for that matter) around when I got my "Tungten E" (The misspelling on eBay got me an awesome price on it due to lack of other bidders)

I actually wasn't aware of GP Holdings or their devices before I learned about the Pandora, but that was a long time before I placed my order.

I have a GP32 FLU and a GP2x first edition. I used the GP32 fairly often when it was in its prime. I even messed around with compiling for it when someone on these forums created a compiler (I can't really remember exactly) for it that allowed me to write things in Windows. The GP2X on the other hand I hardly used. The combination of awful controls (I'd have to say worst joystick ever, even after DaveC's knob attachment) and very poor battery life made it pretty unfit for a portable game system. All in all, a huge letdown after the GP32. :(

I had a GP2X F200. Was fun, but not worth all the hype. PSP could do (IMO) EVERYTHING the GP2X could do and a SH!T load more.

i've had two (left the first one on a bus while trying to juggle/keep track of several packages, never saw it again :eek:) - the first was purchased in 2006, and the replacement in 2007.

I found mine on a bus, and I searched for the name that was on it on the internet...

No, I'm kidding. Seriously, I got mine as a birthday present in 2007. I try to code for it when I have time, but I never have time anymore...

Back