How Many Of You Had A Gp2X?

I got it when it came out
smile.gif

edit: that's a lie, I missed the first batch - lol first edition. But I got it soon after launch.

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    699 bytes · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a GP32 after my Pandora purchase. Then accidentally stood on it... sent the working motherboard to Slaneesh B)

I look on Ebay now, and I can't find another one that isn't some crazy price!

I have also a GP2X F100

I think that I will by the GP32 (if I find one abordable), the wiz, and may be the dingoo and the Odroid :p, why ? Hmmmmm, I'm console-oholic ???

But for sure the Pandora will be the most beautiful (for me) that I will have in my hand :D

i must have bought my gp32 in early 2002 and followed up with a first edition gp2x way back when. struggled with the joystick and put it back on the shelf to be replaced by various phone/DS/PSP stuff. The shift on the firmware of the GP2x was the killer for me, seemingly so many versions after a brief braeak meant i never picked it back up until last year when i tried to flash it and it hung or didnt complete. Day one pandora order as well as DS/DSI/PSP/xbox/360/wii etc etc i'm a sucker for toys especially those that can emulate... I will be happy once i have my portable Amiga and will likely be looking to create a booter ala Amiga forever so i can boot straight into a 3.1 desktop

I had a GP32 FLU, and a GP2X F100. Like many others, I much preferred the GP32 over the GP2X - much better gaming controls, better volume control, better battery life - better everything basically (apart from processing power) ;-). Sold them both now.

Pre-ordered a Pandora after the credit card fiasco - around Jan 09. Hoping the Pandora will be more like the gp32 than the gp2x.

I still have my f-200, thank goodnessM WHICH came with an advert for a next generation machine that took my breath away - powerful, with a full keyboard and better gaming controls. I wanted one immediately, as the keyboard offered a much more obvious match for my BBC Micro-emulating wishes than any ordinary handheld console could.

GP2x first edition, with a NES dpad as shown there:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/31624-one-more-dpad-on-a-gp-the-nes-cross/

and before that, the good old GP32 (no light unfortunately) :)

Hi... I had 2! the first one was one of the first mk2 GP2x`s It had a strange click if you rotated the stick after using it for some months it clicked its last click and everything went limp :huh: ... (including the joystick lol) so I sent it back and got a replacement which I modded the battery port lid to have a small piece of perf board with 2 copper connectors soldered to it and drilled a small hole through for it for the power pack wire... this was great cos it got the power lead out of the way (which was in a daft place as you know and wasnt a good connection on mine and was very easy to knock the console off). I had a spare battery back for rechargeable`s.

I sold it on ebay last year with a 2gig card, case, emulators, modded powerpack connector, spare back and batteries, all boxed for over £100... It was in good nick cos i took care of it.

I thought emulation on it was superb. I played snes, megadrive, amiga, st, c64 homebrew and mame approximately 40 hours a week, every 2nd week on nightshift. :)

I only sold it cos I knew my pandora would only be another 2 months (tm) :blink:

nope.

i was tempted by the dingoo but then i thought i would save the money towards my pandora and gave it the swerve, nice looking handheld though from what i seen of it

all my previous handhelds were the usual, gameboys neogeo pockets and psp

I pre-ordered a GP2X when it opened and got one that had first batch written on it but it came pre-bricked so I sent it back and got one that didn't say first batch. Then, a little over a year ago, I was visiting some people in Brazil and thinking the Pandora was going to be out soon I gave my GP2X to a kid I knew. I've been without handheld emulation for over a year waiting for my Pandora.

second exodous said:
I pre-ordered a GP2X when it opened and got one that had first batch written on it but it came pre-bricked so I sent it back and got one that didn't say first batch. Then, a little over a year ago, I was visiting some people in Brazil and thinking the Pandora was going to be out soon I gave my GP2X to a kid I knew. I've been without handheld emulation for over a year waiting for my Pandora.

I feel your pain Dude! :lol:

scottm said:
I had a GP32 FLU, and a GP2X F100. Like many others, I much preferred the GP32 over the GP2X - much better gaming controls, better volume control, better battery life - better everything basically (apart from processing power) ;-). Sold them both now.

Pre-ordered a Pandora after the credit card fiasco - around Jan 09. Hoping the Pandora will be more like the gp32 than the gp2x.

I agree with this completely. A couple more buttons, a bit more oomph from a processor and an SD card would have made it perfect.

I had known of the GP32 from very early on in its lifespan (and occasionally popped along and read GP32X and its forums for many years), but never ordered one. I did order a GP2X when the pre-orders first opened, though. Unfortunately it bricked itself during the very first official firmware update, and the non-"First Edition" replacement had a screen that gave me migraines, so I had to sell it. :(

Whilst I did find the iffy joystick to be disappointing, the brief time with my First Edition GP2X is fondly remembered (in fact, I still have some ideas in my head from back then, which I'm hoping to attempt with the Rockbot engine and editor at some point :p ), and the Pandora is shaping up to offer everything that I had wanted out of the GP2X, and more, which is why I pre-ordered in the first place.
grin.gif

Attachments

• grin.gif
    grin.gif
    352 bytes · Views: 113
Ahh, the GP2X. Makes me feel like an oldbie, but all the GP32 owners would laugh in my face. I was an early-adopter and paid the price in immature software. Back then I wasn't much cop at getting anything written on it, although it did spur my interest in games development and had me write a more-or-less working SDL game of Connect 4.

I eventually sold my GP2X to an IRC chatter/forum member, I can't remember who it was. I always meant to pick up a new one, as I saw them gradually improving, but then the Pandora dropped onto the scene and the GP2X was promptly forgotten.

I picked up a Dingoo but don't really do a lot with it apart from partake in the A320 forums and port GNURobbo, I'll have to give linux another crack now it's had some months to mature.

I had an F-100, sold it when I got my DS, then sold the DS when I got my PSP... Waiting for the Pandora... very (im)patiently.... All I use the PSP for is emulation.

Had a First Edition. Sold it a few months ago to finance my pandora.
The first edition had a terrible screen (scanlines) and really terrible controls.
To close the gap I bought a gp32 blu of ebay... Somewhat slow hardware but great controls and nice screen...

GP2X First Edition. I got a Dpad mod from ED once the stick stopped working.
It's still here on my desk and I keep saying I'm going to get USB networking setup and get some code tested on it again, now I have a bit more experience under my belt.

I loved the 2X I just didn't like the stick and the battery life. If it weren't for those 2 aspects it would have had a lot more use. I bought some commercial games for it: Vektar, Payback and W&W Puzzle Battles. So yeah I have one, hope to release something decent on it still even though I'll be focussing on Pandora.

I've got an F100, F200 and a Wiz and develop for all three. I also have a Pandora on pre-order and will dev for that too.

I got an F100 early on, before the joystick fix. I got an F200 too a bit later, nice d-pad (buttons?) shame about the firmware. I bought Payback too and still play it a lot. I love my GP2Xs.

Back