How Many In Total?

Gruso said:
EvilDragon said:
No mould change needed, yes.
That sentence will get people going. :D

I suggest people read it as "No mould change needed, correct." :)
How else could you read it? :huh: Maybe enthusiastic, like "No mould change needed, YEAH!!!" Or in a Yoda voice? "No mould, change needed, yes."

Last edited by a moderator:
and would in turn into something like this

AlbuquerqueGroup1978_web.jpg

I want to know deadline when first batch will be finished.
Othewise I'll cancel my request.

svs-57 said:

The same goes for me , but I guess craig aor ED can't tell us that...we will just have to wait... :(

So rather than wait patiently for a wee while and get your pandora, you'd rather cancel and wait longer?

Here's an idea - pretend to yourself you've cancelled, ignore the forums and one day you'll get a really pleasant surprise in the post

Bosbeetle said:
svs-57 said:

in 2 months
I know that story how to teach donkey speak.
It will take 25 years.
During that period somebody will dead.

I read the same here:
"We decide make some improvement.
Next week, next month, next year, next century..."
After 2 months will be new delay/improvement.
I don't want hear about stop assembly.
They must think before start process.

svs-57 said:

If you followed this project you should know that you can't trust ANY deadlines. So why asking for deadlines if you already know that the response is more or less random? They try to do their best, so just wait. And if their best is not enough for you, choose your own deadline.

Great news about the unpainted shoulder buttons, hopefully the case manufacturer can't bork that one up.
Maybe it's just the stream of updates, along with the fact I'm not in the first 1000, but OP have assembled them all quicker than I thought they might. All whilst being very active on the forum, responsive to user complaints and reports of hardware issues. They know what's best, let them make the calls on refining the process.

Rejoice early-units-must-be-special folks!
Now you can say you were in the first 1000, and prove it with your fancy painted shoulder buttons! :rolleyes:

In any case, my take is that OpenPandora are just trying to get into a position so that they can give more definite deadlines for the second batch.
They don't want to end up with the same situation they had the first time round, when all the benefit of their hype was destroyed by the massive delays.
Personally, I'd much rather OpenPandora focused on making sure they have a solid business position to support the device than getting my Pandora to me a few weeks earlier.

On the other hand of course... HUUUURRRRRY UPPPPPPPPP!! :p

svs-57 said:

It took aprox. 2 weeks to produce 700 pandoras. Let's say that it takes a month to get the new cases + 10 weeks to assemble the rest. We're looking at 3-4 months without a volcano erupting and 6-12 months if we have a new eruption. :)

Xenu said:
svs-57 said:

It took aprox. 2 weeks to produce 700 pandoras. Let's say that it takes a month to get the new cases + 10 weeks to assemble the rest. We're looking at 3-4 months without a volcano erupting and 6-12 months if we have a new eruption. :)

Youre just scaring everybody with this post -___- <_<

mysticmaus said:
Xenu said:

Youre just scaring everybody with this post -___- <_<
Well, the 6-12 months might be a bit excessive, but 3-4 months sounds quite realistic.

Xenu said:

Have I missed something? As far as I know the cases were not ready to ship even AFTER the volcano problem. So in reality, the volcano had no impact on the Pandora release date. Wrong? I guess the upcoming delays will be caused by the factory queue like in the past.

I envy you all worrying so much about a handheld console/umpc. I just wish that my life was simple enough that the Pandora being later than it should be was of serious importance.

GRR,

The more I read this thread, the more annoyed I am. I am supposed to be going out to work in South Korea for six weeks this weekend. I was hoping to get my pandora before I left (and take with)...

Looks like it's going to arrive a couple of days after I've gone... PFFFT. 700-800 in the queue I am.

So even when I get it, I'm gonna have to wait at least another 4-5 weeks before I can lay my hands on it.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Back