How Can The Community Help Now?

here`s a few ideas for people who want to help, you don`t HAVE to be able to code to help btw

before release..........

porting software, there are games etc ported already, like the Quakes, but there are other games that could be ported, try looking through the open source games listings many "top ten" listings have some cool stuff, how many could we have ready to port for Pandoras launch?, a big base of well known software would be cool,and not just games, how about a Gimp optimised for touchscreen?, desktop screen swapping via shoulder buttons etc, there could also be some cool games that are not on the main-stream "radar", maybe search the net for them

graphics work, lots of games will work on the Pandora if the models/textures are rescaled/ remade to use less memory, some artists could work on that in conjunction with the coders porting stuff.

likewise, cool wallpaper, icons, themes for Pandora, or maybe you could do some promotional images for "T" shirts, posters or maybe some gimicks (Pandora dolls?, Keyfobs? Alarm clocks? whatever).

after release.....

box art (or full box designs) for future Pandoras
Pandora add ons
compact 2.5" self powered HDs
keyboard light
case covers
case customisation service
sleeves
ext power pack
solar cells
gps+software
custom cases (once you have one to copy)
big battery add on (20 hours?)
custom stylus (crystal, metal, wood?)
carry case with slots for cards etc
desktop cradle
remote joypads
etc

lots of ways to help, and you don`t need to be coder to do it.

hobbyman II said:
likewise, cool wallpaper, icons, themes for Pandora
I just added a few icons and desktop backgrounds to my sig-blog. They're all from old games (well, ok, a handful of them aren't :p), but I hope someone will enjoy them.

box art (or full box designs) for future Pandoras
Pandora add ons
compact 2.5" self powered HDs
keyboard light
case covers
case customisation service
sleeves
ext power pack
solar cells
gps+software
custom cases (once you have one to copy)
big battery add on (20 hours?)
custom stylus (crystal, metal, wood?)
carry case with slots for cards etc
desktop cradle
remote joypads
etc

lots of ways to help, and you don`t need to be coder to do it.
Some great suggestions there. From my own perspective, I'm lining up various USB gizmos and gadget-bags that I own to test as soon as my own Pandora arrives, and I hope to come up with some patterns for a simple case, and a sun-shade for the screen, as well. (I could possibly get a start on the case and stuff by modelling them on my DS Lite - just a suggestion for anyone else thinking of doing the same, who might have a DS or DS Lite to work with. :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back