How Are Things Going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngchol

Still Fresh
I posted this in the origin of manufacture thread but it got closed, so here it is:

What's the current position with manufacturing of the various components, assembly, testing and shipping, with regard to dates? I'm finding it a bit hard to work out whether things are going according to schedule, mostly because the blog posts on openpandora.org are undated. It would be really nice to know more about how things are going.

Yeah, what about those 640 units? Are they going to ship before the rest of them?

What else are the rest of us waiting for? Screens, I know, but is there anything else?

*** Changed post after realising I don't actually give a shit***
I just hope everything pans out for the devs, because if it doesn't, this device will never see the light of day and that would suck.

sold said:
I have been thinking about the situation and have come to realise that even though the people who have pre-ordered have put a lot of trust into this project and the people in charge, it doesn't give anyone the right to demand any information except for the paypal and CC order stuff, because any info about what is happening to our money should be a priority.

Please, I'm not "demanding" anything. I said it would be really nice to know how things are going with regard to timings. What's unreasonable about that?

Last edited by a moderator:
We're not demanding, we're asking.

That's what's special about projects like these: Direct contact with the developers.

Pandora was designed by this forum community, after all. Why wouldn't we want to know what was going on with it?

Finally, we're the customers, after all. No one is forcing us to buy this, and if they didn't tell us about how cool it is, no one would want to. It's up to them to "sell it to us."

Mjlink said:
With 640 units near completion & testing starting, yeah what's happening on the ground. To hell with the bean counters.

Link
Where did you read that? I read they have 640LCD's. Not that any were near completion?

joa said:
Where did you read that? I read they have 640LCD's. Not that any were near completion?
This is what i remember, too. Particularly, I had the impression, that none of the cases were done yet. Not even the prototype sample.

He didn't read it. He is assuming that. We've seen the MK2 Boards. Craigx said delays on LCD they have 640 of them already. We've seen the MK2 boards populated with everything and Analog nubs. We've seen renders of the keyboard sub-material.

We haven't seen the enclosure yet. Maybe this week. Maybe we can see 1 whole complete Pandora. No more Renders.

My guess is we will see the completed Pandora in 2-3 weeks. Around Nov 21st.

*** THIS IS GUESSING! POR FAVOR, NO GO LOCO! ***

jbr said:
We're not demanding, we're asking.

That's what's special about projects like these: Direct contact with the developers.

Pandora was designed by this forum community, after all. Why wouldn't we want to know what was going on with it?

Finally, we're the customers, after all. No one is forcing us to buy this, and if they didn't tell us about how cool it is, no one would want to. It's up to them to "sell it to us."

1. I was editing my post as you were quoting it :lol: Check edited post for my actual opinion.
2. The forum community didn't design a fucking thing. Be thankful that the devs were smart enough to ask the community's opinion about anything.
3. The beauty of this device is that it is being made by people that actually give a shit about the end user.

sold said:
1. I was editing my post as you were quoting it :lol: Check edited post for my actual opinion.
2. The forum community didn't design a fucking thing. Be thankful that the devs were smart enough to ask the community's opinion about anything.
3. The beauty of this device is that it is being made by people that actually give a shit about the end user.
Please don't derail my original - polite - request for an update from Craig with this kind of inflammatory response. It doesn't help anyone. There is a lot of speculation because there isn't enough information - that can easily be fixed.

dnf_300505.jpg

We don't like to keep posting info because it tends to be out of date within hours (then gets quoted for weeks).

But yeah, things are going well aside from the frustrating bank change (which should not get in the way too much).

Might have some wifi pics to show soon.

craigix said:
We don't like to keep posting info because it tends to be out of date within hours (then gets quoted for weeks).

But yeah, things are going well aside from the frustrating bank change (which should not get in the way too much).

Might have some wifi pics to show soon.
THE MAN HAS SPOKEN!

EVERY THING IS OK.

Wifi pics. Well it is something at least. Guess I'll get back to Fallout 3 reading.

Thanks

My guess would be a picture of them connecting to a wireless network and browsing the web. (Through Ubuntu, perhaps?)

I vote for holiday :)
Let's all do something in real life and come back in two weeks or so.
The forums have turned into an arena recently.
Good news tend to be butchered to pieces until someone finds something that might eventually be worth to be worried about.
I'm sure someone finds something suspicious about wifi pics, too :lol:

I will be quite interested to see an image of a radio wave in flight....thats quite clever isn`t it?

(joke)

Hobbyman

Any chance of us seeing the schematics etc. for the Pandora?

If people are desperate I could probably knock a few together very quickly, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back