Release Hotfix 6 RC released

And the TV cable is now buyable? Im waiting for months now and didnt know that.

No, it's just the software that's been updated, no (official) cables yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is probably known, but this morning, i tried navigating into folders, checking some files to make my bluetooth phone recognized as a modem, and in barely 10 minutes, the file explorer crashed a dozen times :/

it's not really new, but still happens with HF6

@ED I recall you saying somewhere, is this the last HF for Release 1 before work on a Release 2 starts? What will be the differentiating factors?

I think a new kernel and making better use of hardware came into it.

e.g. DSP support, improved low power mode

since hf6 I'm unable to put the pandora in lowpower mode with the lid closed. I did play with lid close settings and selected switch off screen. which I assume was the default anyway.

edit:

FC#266 raised.

ED, I was unable to log this against HF6RC as it was not a drop down option. As you are asking for bugs to be tracked it might be a good idea to add this to save future confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, sound is gone in GNGEO
I can also confirm that GNGEO has no sound anymore :(

Also, Liferea Feed Reader fails to launch now. Which I kinda really need since that is what I was using for pod/media catching, unless someone can suggest something else that works.

Sound was gone in HF6-RC, but has been restored in HF6 Final. Seems like the PND Updater is missing some file here as well, damn.

You can restore it from the terminal:

Code:
sudo cp ~/.asoundrc /etc/asound.conf

That should fix it.

Sound was gone in HF6-RC, but has been restored in HF6 Final. Seems like the PND Updater is missing some file here as well, damn.

You can restore it from the terminal:

Code:
sudo cp ~/.asoundrc /etc/asound.conf

That should fix it.

Yes, that fixes sound for GNGEO for me at least. :) Great work as always ED

Now, all I need is a podcatcher or some sort of RSS reader/downloader that works. : )

Back