Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

Ok, got a 100% with HF 5.

Rebooted with HF 6 with the adapter, saw 98 %, then 10 seconds after, 100% and the charge led went off.

Hmm... My pandora can't see the battery at all (and it doen't turn on when a charged battery is inserted,) could this be bacause of buggy settings in the bq-chip? I have been able to observe a tiny difference in the displayed charge level with it inserted compared to when it's not (about 1 or 2 percent points lower with battery inserted.) I have yet to see the charge LED light up (I've had it for more than a month,) and if I unplug the charger with the battery in, it dies pretty much instantly. Could it be a software issue, or will i need a new board?

EDIT: I got it with a beta of Hotfix 6

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a completely different problem unrelated to anything in HF6. Did you create a thread about it in the support forum?

Neh, ED said it was probably because of board damage caused while shipping it, so I didn't bother. But due to the lack of replacement boards and some people having problems with premature charging cutoff made me kinda hopeful that I could have a usable pandora without waiting another two months :p

Since Hotfix 6 my Pandora loads up to 93-95% I guess this is still OK. To improve Battery lifetime, the battery never should load to the full 100%. But if there are some bugs in the charging algorithm, I welcome the fixing of this. :)

I suppose it could be caused by this:

http://git.openpando...729902029bb03f3

this was applied for HF6, maybe revert it for HF7?
Oh, yeah, I had forgotten about that after you implemented the improved version. Wouldn't explain why id would fail in HF6 first, work in HF5, and then continue to work in HF6 again though.
It doesn't look like he tested HF6 much after fully charging with HF5.

Linux-SWAT, can you confirm the problem went away just by charging with HF5 once?

Look like there is a rather weird problem with bluetooth after the low power mode in HF6 is used (by closing the lid) as per this thread

Linux-SWAT, can you confirm the problem went away just by charging with HF5 once?
So, had a 100% with HF5.

On HF6, having "battery_charge" to 0 and "stop_current" to 0.

Doing a full charge. That's weird because at about 70%, the charge speed seemed to slow down.

Now i'm at 84% and it seems to take forever to see the increment.

---EDIT :

The red led went off at 85%.

So, had a 100% with HF5.

On HF6, having "battery_charge" to 0 and "stop_current" to 0.

Doing a full charge. That's weird because at about 70%, the charge speed seemed to slow down.

Now i'm at 84% and it seems to take forever to see the increment.

---EDIT :

The red led went off at 85%.

Same for me: I did a full cycle from full to empty and back, but still have the same problem. 85% and stops charging.

BTW, My pandora was one of the ones that always turned the charging off when it was full, since day 1.

For me, it (HF6) made me loose NTFS support. I get the message : "Failed to mount "unit" /n Unknown file system 'ntfs'." I tried installing ntfs-3g and it sais: "ntfs-3g (2009.4.4-r1.6) installed in root is up to date."

The rest is cool. (I haven't tried the issues listed in this thread though)

Back