Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

for me i haven't encountred any probleme upgrading from hotfix5 to hotfix 6. All i have tried worked like before (WIFI, Mplayer, Firefox, chromium, emulators...)

Ah, OK. Well it is interesting that Pandoras can act that different. Same Hardware and basicly same Software but completely different behaviour in some aspects. :D

ok updating the kernel manually on my sd card installation fixed my wifi issues :)
So there already IS an newer Kernel? :huh:
Yes, you have no clue what you are talking about...

You should read this thread more carefully. Users that install the OS on an sd card currently have to copy the kernel manually to have a "HF6 SD card installation" work. While normal users that run HF6 on their NAND got no such problem.

With hotfix 6 rc my pandora would not charge from the supplied charger.The same charging problem is still there though i have now upgraded to hotfix 6 final. I can charge fine via usb though.

ok updating the kernel manually on my sd card installation fixed my wifi issues :)
So there already IS an newer Kernel? :huh:
Yes, you have no clue what you are talking about...

You should read this thread more carefully. Users that install the OS on an sd card currently have to copy the kernel manually to have a "HF6 SD card installation" work. While normal users that run HF6 on their NAND got no such problem.
I know that he uses a System on SD Card, I just thought that he updated to a newer Version of the Kernel, sorry that my english is not as perfect as yours. <_<

Just a couple of quick notes from me, on my experiences with the Hotfix 6 PND-updater;

1: I've had no problems whatsoever. This may be to do with the fact that my setup is almost entirely stock - all I've done is set up a few keyboard shortcuts, and manually disabled that screen-blanking thing ages ago. Everything is working as it should.

2: Applying the update does cause the setting for the default video filter to be lost. Just mentioning this in case anyone wonders why stuff is now fuzzy if they were previously using the "simple pixel doubling" setting. :p

EDIT: Oh, and I now get a great, sharp and clear picture when using S-Video with my TV-out cable. :D

EDIT 2: But MAME4All just crashes instead of running games, now. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work! The updater didn't work for me (after the update, applications won't open), but the Full flash worked perfectly. Thanks for the time and effort to put all this together.

Applications not starting is probably the same thing with a missing pnd_run.sh - guess the files is locked during upgrade as it's used to start the HF6-Updater.pnd

Was just surprised by the fact that 7Zip can open .pnd files directly, so one way to fix it would be to extract packages/other/pandora-libpnd_1.0-r56.5_armv7a.ipk from the Updater and manually install that (or, as 7Zip obviously also reads ipkgs, just navigate through to usr/pandora/scripts and fetch pnd_run.sh from there to copy it to the Pandora).

[edit #2] Ok, seems the script is in the libpnd package, not pandora-scripts

So is it possible to replace the pnd_run manualy then? I really don't want to do a full Flash. ^^""
Attached it to this post (as zip, as obviously it isn't allowed to upload shell scripts).

Unzip, copy to an sd card, then on the Pandora something like this in a Terminal:

Code:
sudo cp /media/<sdcardname>/pnd_run.sh /usr/pandora/scripts/

sudo chmod a+rx /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh
pnd_run.zip

Attachments

• pnd_run.zip
    7 KB · Views: 124
No MAME4All, no update for me then! :D
Yeah, I can't say I blame you! It's a real shame, as other than that it's a thoroughly fantastic update.

The improved TV-out functionality in particular is wonderful - it's only a shame that MAME4All isn't happy about it, since that would save me from having to hook up my Supergun...

i noticed the same problem, removing pndrun.sh seemed to have fixed :eek:
Wouldn't removing pnd_run mean that you can't run anything, though? :blink: Time for the sebt3-signal, I guess...

Fuse Emulator has inherited a constant rumbling/clicking sound since the Hotfix update. Has anybody else experienced this?

Back