Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

About BeeSoft Commander: Sounds to me like it has got an unclean PXML. I was not able to find it at any of the three repos i know of, so i could not test it. All i can say at the moment is that i have no "Other"-section at all. I will check later if all my PNDs are shown in the menu. At the moment i am short on time. =) Cya

The first place to check for any software should be the Pandorawiki software list (see my signature) because quite a lot of it is not uploaded on any repo, especially when the porter is StreaK. ;) Anyway, the discussion for BeeSoft Commander is over here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59690-new-qt-apps-for-pandora/page__view__findpost__p__953014

I'd be grateful if someone could check out what the issue is, because it has become my favourite file browser on the Pandora (for the reasons listed in the thread).

It probably is something wrong in the PXML, but then why should it have worked in HF5 but not in HF6?

Last edited by a moderator:
Added some rmmod to op_wifi.sh, in order to free a small amount of ram.

Don't know if modules were left on purpose. Anyway :

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#

# Released under the GPL

# This script simply toggles internal WiFi on or off.

cd /

if [ "`lsmod | grep wl1251`" ]

then

notify-send -u normal "WLAN" "WLAN is being disabled..." -i /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/nm-no-connection.png

ifconfig wlan0 down

rmmod board_omap3pandora_wifi wl1251_sdio wl1251 lib80211_crypt_ccmp lib80211_crypt_wep lib80211_crypt_tkip arc4 pcbc ecb compat_firmware_class mac80211 cfg80211 compat rfkill_backport lib80211

else

notify-send -u normal "WLAN" "WLAN is being enabled..." -i /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/nm-device-wired.png

/etc/init.d/wl1251-init start

fi

Well it replaces /usr/pandora/scripts/op_wifi.sh

When the wifi is put down, i remove also :

lib80211_crypt_ccmp lib80211_crypt_wep lib80211_crypt_tkip arc4 pcbc ecb compat_firmware_class mac80211 cfg80211 compat rfkill_backport lib80211

which are loaded by the wifi activation.

The amount of freed memory is really small, but it costs nothing to free it :^).

Not if there's not a second wifi activated, ie a dongle.

I wonder for the dongle.

Seems that the low power problem is directly linked to the blanked screen, not the closed lid.

Reported here :

This is strange, I've tried downloading the file Zaxxon-HF6.zip using different browsers/clients etc, and it always fails CRC check when I extract. It seems to complete the download.

Is the server having problems?

edit: Just read through the thread with people having the same problem. What the hell, is there some sort of a geographic connectivity corruption taking place? It seems to work fine for some, not for others.

Downloaded it twice :

md5sum Zaxxon-HF6.zip

6579fa366689b0f3f5c689508028bdf5 Zaxxon-HF6.zip

Correct md5.

Are you under Linux ?

Downloaded it for the fourth time, using a different laptop. Same CRC error.

md5: BA7A5B453FF9D5EF0039CF7A42F54A5F

I'm in North America. Are the other people having trouble with the file also from North America?

Is the md5 different at each download ?

Are you downloading on the HD or on a SD ?

I'm anxious to put in HF6 to use a USB 802.11n adapter that I have - but I'm a bit confused on all of the above issue reports.

Is there a known fail-proof way to install HF6 into NAND? If so, which post should I/we look at for instructions?

Is there a known fail-proof way to install HF6 over an SDHC installed HF5 system? If so, which post should I/we look at for instructions?

I checked the wiki - and it simply references HF6 as a beta.

Thank you.

Yes, there has been a dearth of information about hotfixes on the wiki. I created an article for them just now, so if there is a need, perhaps people can help out by adding any useful information, so that it's all in one place for future reference and there's no need to search through long threads.

http://pandorawiki.org/Hotfixes

Thank you for the entry and the link to the files.

Does anyone have a known fool-proof way to install HF6 into NAND and/or over an SDHC installed HF5 system?

I've seen it mentioned many times that the Pandora has to be easy enough for a novice to use - the above thread doesn't get it there for HF6.

Thank you.

I'm anxious to put in HF6 to use a USB 802.11n adapter that I have - but I'm a bit confused on all of the above issue reports.

Is there a known fail-proof way to install HF6 into NAND? If so, which post should I/we look at for instructions?

Is there a known fail-proof way to install HF6 over an SDHC installed HF5 system? If so, which post should I/we look at for instructions?

Thank you.

Yes, there has been a dearth of information about hotfixes on the wiki. I created an article for them just now, so if there is a need, perhaps people can help out by adding any useful information, so that it's all in one place for future reference and there's no need to search through long threads.

http://pandorawiki.org/Hotfixes

Thank you for the entry and the link to the files.

Does anyone have a known fool-proof way to install HF6 into NAND and/or over an SDHC installed HF5 system?

I've seen it mentioned many times that the Pandora has to be easy enough for a novice to use - the above thread doesn't get it there for HF6.

Thank you.

Extract the contents of the zip to the root of a memory card. then stick it in the sd card slot closets to the headphone jack and boot while holding R.

Then select boot from sd and it will be simple from there

Bug report :

When manually invoking /usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh, i see a nasty syntax error, a missing 'fi' at the line 173 !

Bug report :

When manually invoking /usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh, i see a nasty syntax error, a missing 'fi' at the line 173 !

Already fixed in HF7 Alpha 1 (you could've checked the bugtracker for this issue ;) )
I thought that Hotfix 6 was the last Hotfix for the old Kernel and the next update is finaly the all new Pandora OS Version. ^^"

Back