Hosting For Pandora Sdk

PhonicUK said:
The CodeSourcery ARM Toolchain is 1.3GB alone
:blink: Mine is only 300 megs. That includes only the standard libraries though, no SDL or GTK or anything like that.

PhonicUK said:
limetang said:
Use BitTorrent or Usenet?
I only have a 2Mb/256Kb connection, so I can't really seed a file this big.
Superseed. Create a torrent and give 4 people with fast connections the torrent file. Your client then serves each of them with only 1/4 of the file (no duplicates). Each of them then share their own received pieces among the other three. By the time you've uploaded the file once (1/4 to each of 4 people), all four of them have almost the complete image. You upload once, 4 people with fast connections have it, then you drop off and open the floodgates to everyone.
Superseed: the most excellent of unused bitorrent features.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
Superseed. Create a torrent and give 4 people with fast connections the torrent file. Your client then serves each of them with only 1/4 of the file (no duplicates). Each of them then share their own received pieces among the other three. By the time you've uploaded the file once (1/4 to each of 4 people), all four of them have almost the complete image. You upload once, 4 people with fast connections have it, then you drop off and open the floodgates to everyone.
Superseed: the most excellent of unused bitorrent features.
Then, many of us will leech it and put it on their hosting.
I may even create a pligg based website.
Don't know if it's a good idea, through…

Phonic.. You need the arm versions of everything for sure .. You cant link against x86 ones and then drop bin on to an arm build to pick up the libs.. tHe arm built compiler will rightfully reject nonarm libs.

So the base needs are compiler toolchain for arm, headers, arm libs, libpnd. Could leave kernel sources out since kernel hackers should build a real environment :) you can get arm libs.. The /usr/lib and all children from an image .. Pm me as I'm on cruddy phone right now

code::blocks etc is gravy, but good gravy for your target audience

ie: what you have, sounds like, is stuff to build x86 app with stripped down setup. (got x86 gcc right?) Just toss in the arm bits and then peeps can build x86 for Dev and test, then cross compile for panda test and packaging into pnd whch is how we do it too

CSL isn't enough, but adding the arm libs is a piece of cake.. Just make /pandora-image and stick /usr/lib here and add linkpath to your arm template, and drop real /usr/lib from linkpath so linked doesn't find x86 version first and puke. Ie: make two targets.. X86 and arm and let Dev choose which target

foryourcross compile temate.. Did you try it against beagle or n900 or something? If not we could do some tests but I'm tied up for a few days. ( I mean don't upload it yet as it's not complete nor tested yet? ie, since you have no arm libs we know it's not tried :) Let's prove it and get it populated before you call it sdk, but once proved can link it from all over as a good resource:) it atleast needs pnd-make.sh genpxml, and copies of the pxml spec pages and such

libpnd is up on the public git so is trivial to suck down.. Builds fine for x86 or arm both. Ppl need it for a to ne of reasons.. Read conf files, setting CPU speed, launching pnd files or discovering what pnds are around, working with pnd files

Anyway sorry for ramble.. On phone makes me write like hell :)

jeff

Hmmz, upload stopped at 436MB :(:(:( I guess we'll have to wait until PhonicUK resumes it..

aha! sneaker-net, the most advanced and rapid file sharing technology B) , error free :rolleyes: , immune to the whiles of the RIAA ;) , immune to leaching :p and doesn't cost a fortune to host :) , how about you set up a DVD snail-mail chain-letter?, just mail a DVD to the first person on your list and include the list, they make a copy or download the image to their PC and send on the list and DVD (with their name crossed out), takes about a day to complete a file transfer inside the UK by first class post, that's faster than most peoples net connection for large files, plus it's prolly cheaper as well with the rates some ISP's charge.

edit: changed CD to DVD, showing my age :lol: (newfangled DVD rubbish, pah! in my day we had proper full sized 360k floppies and where in awe of em)

PhonicUK said:
Problem is, that after zero-ing empty space and compressing the image, the result is 2.12GB in size. Needless to say I have no means of hosting this.
why would that be needless to say? the internets that bad in the uk?

EDIT: read your second post, poor poor man :)

hobbyman II said:
aha! sneaker-net, the most advanced and rapid file sharing technology B) , error free :rolleyes: , immune to the whiles of the RIAA ;) , immune to leaching :p and doesn't cost a fortune to host :) , how about you set up a DVD snail-mail chain-letter?, just mail a DVD to the first person on your list and include the list, they make a copy or download the image to their PC and send on the list and DVD (with their name crossed out), takes about a day to complete a file transfer inside the UK by first class post, that's faster than most peoples net connection for large files, plus it's prolly cheaper as well with the rates some ISP's charge.

edit: changed CD to DVD, showing my age :lol: (newfangled DVD rubbish, pah! in my day we had proper full sized 360k floppies and where in awe of em)
pfft! 360? C64 5-inchers were 160k and you considered yourself lucky if they loaded in five minutes without the drive rattling off the desk.
Cue Python-esque 'when I were a lad ...' quote pyramid

btw OP being OpenPandora with the disc added to the box. But hey! whats another two weeks delay while it's set up? :unsure: :huh: :lol:

Bigun said:
atiti said:
Hmmz, upload stopped at 436MB :( :( :( I guess we'll have to wait until PhonicUK resumes it..
Where are you seeing this? Did he drop a URL?
PhonicUK uploading it on the atiti's FTP. I still guess that before described superseeding will be better.

I will be seeding from 2 100mbit servers, one in Europe and one in the US, so it should be fast enough for everyone :)

Of course seeding help is always welcome though :D

Back