Hosting For Pandora Sdk

i can either ftp host (on a 10meg dedicated server) or provide a static torrent host if needed

Dropbox is a good idea... I am willing to seed a torrent indefinitely, too. I'd also be willing to host a mirror on my shared hosting.

I'd seed a torrent indefinitely, but I can't promise that my upload speeds will be great.

Just willing to add, I have a domain with unlimited bandwidth and storage that I'm not doing much with right now. I could host your files for you, if that is acceptable?

(Yes, I admit, I lurk, lol)

EDIT: www.binarydissonance.com

on the dropbox sharing, i have done that before with a bunch of tech colleges (who should know how to use it properly) and the the main problem we had was people moving the files out of the drop box or deleting them and thinking that ether action only effected their replica of the data, we were always having to do the undelete the files :( (and there is the administration of chucking off people who are just being daft with the files),

I can host up to 4,5GB if necessary! For Free :)
Serverlocation: Germany - no traffic restriction

I think that everything should be no problem... we know the right people, right?

Screeny said:

I think that everything should be no problem... we know the right people, right?
I can host large amount of data for free too, got a Dreamhost account. (so server is in USA)
So we could make a big network of mirrors.

Last edited by a moderator:
KodeIn said:
Screeny said:

I can host large amount of data for free too, got a Dreamhost account. (so server is in USA)
So we could make a big network of mirrors.
Yeah, that is great idea.
EvilDragon has a big server too!
There is no problem to host big files, I think :p

No time to read but.. Did you include full headers?

Make sure you include libpnd (people may need to link it, and certainly need pnd making tools)

you likely also need to suck in recent fw images so you have a copy of all the libs to link against, otherwise you have to build it all in the image or use your own and be version out of sync (big problem for glibc etc)

I just get current fw, plus codesourcery, and use local Linux headers, good to go

best I could do was 2gb too :) my vm is now 10gb :)

jeff

Just want to add, I can seed a torrent as well.
Its just 40kb/sec upload (German ADSL) however, no traffic limits and it look slike i am not the only one who will seed.

Please post here when you uploaded it, so I can download it.

I'd like to help with torrent. I don't connected whole day, but can it run afternoon and night (CET = +1 GMT). Line 30/3 Mbps, but I'm using notebook over wi-fi, so not that speed exactly.

So what exactly is included in this SDK, and is it Windows? Linux? Mac? Is that really the smallest the "SDK" can get?

Does it include headers for SDL and all the major libraries that will come standard on the Pandora? Does it include documentation?

Thanks!
Michael

I think that it is image for VM. I hope it run under Microsoft VirtualPC as I use it for XPMode and virtual server 2003 under Windows 7. It's on notebook from my employer so I have no much choice.
edit: or I can boot it from usb flash or DVD.

mduffor said:
So what exactly is included in this SDK, and is it Windows? Linux? Mac? Is that really the smallest the "SDK" can get?

Thanks!
Michael
If I'm not mistaken...
It's a virtual machine made with virtual box, you could find smaller, but it's the easiest way to made it available to everyone.
Even for linux illiterate ones.
The base OS is Xubuntu, virtual box is a free virtual machine application available for linux, windows and os x.

I have infinite bandwidth and will host on my server if you like. It's the same one used to host PandoraPress.  PM me if you want to, so I can give you an FTP account. 

mduffor said:

Does it include headers for SDL and all the major libraries that will come standard on the Pandora? Does it include documentation?

Thanks!
Michael

What's included is a VirtualBox appliance image. So you can install VirtualBox on your Mac/Win/Linux machine and load up the appliance.

Inside the image, is a base Xubuntu install (With OOo and other unneeded bits removed). Then the needed compilers + toolchains for both x86 compilation and ARM compilation. As well as a pre-configured Code::Blocks environment with a pandora cross-compiling template.

It has latest versions of SDL and other major libraries installed. It doesn't have the ARM versions present (You don't need them to build) but it does have the headers.

It's not meant to be as small as possible, its meant to be as easy to use as possible. So part of this is about creating a monoculture of tools to be supported.

No documentation is provided beyond how to get started, the OpenGL ES documentation ,and the normal man pages - since developing for the pandora is the same (more or less) as any other linux machine, there is no special extra documentation required that isn't already available.

What I don't have is the firmware, where can I find it? Do I really need it for anything that's not going to be statically linked?

Back