Homeworld Music

Luckeie

Still Fresh
Hello!

I'm a new pandora owner, but i look at it from the beginning. And before i had an GP2X. I have succesfully installed homeworld on the pandora. Yes, i have an original homeworld in a paper box!

I have never really played homeworld! Because i'm a big fan of age of empires i'm interested in other real time strategic games, and therefore i had give homeworld a try.

You can read a little bit about this in my german blog: http://tinkerpete.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/spiele-erinnerungen-mit-dem-acer-aspire-one-d270/

But one of the nicest things in my game remembering is the start of the big mothership in homeworld and the wonderful music 'adagio of strings'.

But this did not come in the pandora version! :-(

Any ideas?

With friendly regards

Luckeie

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall doing anything special to get music running on Homeworld, but I'm also using the US version of the game.. maybe there are differences in the data file name?  I Installed this ages ago for my Pandora, maybe you need to patch the game to the latest version using a Windows PC or Wine on a Linux desktop prior to copying the data files over?

Hi.

You may be interested to know that StarCraft/BroodWar has a native Open Pandora port.

Hi TrashyMG,

understand i this correct? You can hear the 'adagio of strings' in Homeworld on the Pandora?

I don't recall doing anything special to get music running on Homeworld, but I'm also using the US version of the game.. maybe there are differences in the data file name?  I Installed this ages ago for my Pandora, maybe you need to patch the game to the latest version using a Windows PC or Wine on a Linux desktop prior to copying the data files over?
Hi Linux-SWAT,

thank you for the info! I will looking for it.

Hi.

You may be interested to know that StarCraft/BroodWar has a native Open Pandora port.

Hello TrashyMG,

many Thanks for the video! I have checked this on my pandora version. There is definitive no music!

A other question in this context is the story. In the orignal version in the beginning of a campaign a story with animated black and white pictures is told. At the end from the story the music comes in. I have checked it today on my windows xp netbook.

This ist not on the pandora!

The files on the pandora are the same as on the netbook!

I think, the compiled homeworld version for the pandora is the problem.

With friendly regards

Luckeie

Hi TrashyMG,   understand i this correct? You can hear the 'adagio of strings' in Homeworld on the Pandora?  

Yes when I start a new campaign that song does play. I'll have a video up shortly.

Video here (on my Rebirth, a bit more smooth on my 1Ghz):

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QCl0rtFyt1I?feature=oembed

Hello TrashyMG, many Thanks for the video! I have checked this on my pandora version. There is definitive no music! A other question in this context is the story. In the orignal version in the beginning of a campaign a story with animated black and white pictures is told. At the end from the story the music comes in. I have checked it today on my windows xp netbook. This ist not on the pandora! With friendly regards Luckeie
I noticed the videos were gone too.. maybe it's something I forgot to copy over or maybe the opensource version of the game lacks support for these videos.

I think i know the reason for the lack of the music: On my installation is an file 'OEM_Music.wxd' and not 'HW_music.wxd'!

But not for the lack of the story.

Hello TrashyMG, many Thanks for the video! I have checked this on my pandora version. There is definitive no music! A other question in this context is the story. In the orignal version in the beginning of a campaign a story with animated black and white pictures is told. At the end from the story the music comes in. I have checked it today on my windows xp netbook. This ist not on the pandora! With friendly regards Luckeie
I noticed the videos were gone too.. maybe it's something I forgot to copy over or maybe the opensource version of the game lacks support for these videos.

Back