[HOAX] Amiga 500 Emulator Is Here

pretty shit joke, as everyone knows an amiga emu is very sought after so the thaught it might be happening in any stage of development gets people going.
Just no point in doing that at all.

yeah that is weird. if it was a joke made by anyone who has not been an actual contributor to the scene I would have said the hell with them, that's not a cool thing to do.

as mirko's done tons of work for the community already, well if he wants to be a bit eccentric then I won't get pissed at him for it.

then again.. i never really played with an amiga before. if the post was "GPMame port is complete!" and turned out to be fake, well THEN I'd probably be fairly more incensed. I'd want to complain, but I'd still be respectable instead of flaming.

at any rate - weird but forgivable, I just really hope we don't see more things like this happen.

Not funny at all. At least not from a big dude in the comunity like you! :angry:

it is funny, you serious people! Enjoy life and don't get wound up!!! :D
it is! it is! it is! it is! it is! it is! it is! it is! it is! it is! it is! it is! it is! it is!

so there!

He was joking people, it wasn't malicious ... don't get your nickers in a twist. You should expand your range of websites you visit. I had posted news that it was a joke on gamikaze before hando even posted the news that it was real in the first place :D

You guys need to learn how to say "oh well" and get over it or laugh about it.

Did you pay for it and have been ripped off?
Did it erase your SMC?
Did it bring any physical harm to you?
Did it destroy your GP32?

Think about that and ask yourself why you are angry.

It's a joke!

davey g posted on Aug 14 2004 at 10:59 PM said:
He was joking people, it wasn't malicious ... don't get your nickers in a twist. You should expand your range of websites you visit. I had posted news that it was a joke on gamikaze before hando even posted the news that it was real in the first place :D

You guys need to learn how to say "oh well" and get over it or laugh about it.
Not saying it was malicious - it's just if it was a joke, then it wasn't actually funny cos it had no humorous content. For something to a be a joke, it has to have some sort of humour attached. I cant see it here. Was just... well... odd!

Just a dissapointment that's all!

Not saying I'm bothered - just thought it was a weird thing to do that's all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone should just chill, if emulation of a lump of silicon inside a plastic case is getting you wound up then maybe some fresh air wouldn't go a miss.

As much as I love my amiga and would admire anyone who could emulate the games on the GP32 I think shouting FUCK SHIT and various other expletives in text across a forum is a a little OTT.

Everyone who uses the net as much as us especially in this scene should know by now to take everything with a pinch of salt.

bull pats, i think to have been funny it should have been a system that would have no chance of being emulated on the gp,

i think that alot of people (me included) find this slightly guttering.

FloridaRolf is anyone angry ?

I just cant see why everyone finds it so amusing? Im maybe a little disappointed thats all

gutted... I wasted about 40 minutes looking for a flashback rom.

- What a waste of peoples time and board bandwidth, 6 fricking pages!!
But if some n00b asks what the best emulator is he catches it in the ass!

Bad joke. I respect Mirko and his SDK is the reason I got the GP32. I just feel sad if someone bought the GP32 over this :(.

Bad joke (Should have made it more over the top to make it more obvious, so that there wouldn't be any emotional damage), but I'm over it, and I'm certainly not going to think any less of him just because of something like this when you consider everything he's done for the GP32 community. So, cool your jets a bit people :)

Back