[HOAX] Amiga 500 Emulator Is Here

surely the amiga is roundabout the same league as the ST? a bit more powerful perhaps, but we have a very good ST emulator so there shouldn't be a reason why not..

hehe naughty boy Mr Mirko, suprising to see how ignorant some people are here about the complexities of Amiga emulation...it was ALWAYS going to be a fake...

anyway, i suggest you release your port of the ST emulator Hatari as soon as possible to make up for the false dawn!

Antiriad posted on Aug 14 2004 at 06:59 PM said:
hehe naughty boy Mr Mirko, suprising to see how ignorant some people are here about the complexities of Amiga emulation...
Not everybody must be expert. I am in emulation for many many years and I know how complex is Amiga emulation but when people (me for example) see Mr.Mirko=Amiga Emu it means a little more than Blipped=Amiga emu. Got it ?
Anyway, stupid joke :( Topic as not worthy anything closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
taras posted on Aug 14 2004 at 05:39 PM said:
surely the amiga is roundabout the same league as the ST? a bit more powerful perhaps, but we have a very good ST emulator so there shouldn't be a reason why not..
Same league? Compared to the Premiership Amiga, the ST was Sunday league ;)

A good Amiga emulator would be class.

I was so chuffed when I found XRick :D (XRick 2 would be nice though).

I found UAE very disappointing :mellow: The Fellow Amiga emulator was a tiny bit better.

I still have my A1200 in the loft, though its not that great, as alot of A500 games don't work on it :(

Antiriad posted on Aug 14 2004 at 06:59 PM said:
anyway, i suggest you release your port of the ST emulator Hatari as soon as possible to make up for the false dawn!
WOW a second ST emu :p it would be so nice :rolleyes:
/Me hoping it's note a fake this time

To be honest - I wasn't really impressed, or particularly amused by this. It's something that a lot of people have been waiting for, and I dont think it helps the credibility of any coder to do stuff like that. Ah well - it's still good that you contribute to the scene, and thanks for that, but maybe next time, think about it a bit before you do something like that. Makes you look a bit stupid, and like you're trying to get one-up on the less knowledgable here.

Also, in reply to Antiriad - I had Fellow running full speed on my p166 with sound years ago. There is no reason why we couldn't get full speed amiga emulation, maybe not with sound, but it could be done with a well-optimized 68000 core (like a version of fdave's). It would take a hell of a coder, or coding team, to do it though...!

To GP40 - WinUAE is almost perfect! Many old Amiga users are running WinUAE and UAE for Linux as their main OS! It's extremely good, and goes way beyond any original Amiga in terms of speed.

A year or so ago, somebody would have posted a joke claiming to have released a working GBA emu for the GP32, some people would have got excited and then some stupid people would call the aforementioned people stupid and gullible for ever believing that a GBA emu would ever be possible.

Same thing applies to a SNES emu on the GBA, but we have both to a degree now, so this joke is pretty lame.

I bet the people flaming the people who believed this "joke" would have flamed believers of a GBA emu for GP32, SNES for GBA, or Neo Geo for the Dreamcast.

I would probably see the fun side if it was released on april 1st or maybe if it was released as a "demo" not emu.

I did not see the funny side. So some people got ticked into downloading a fake emulator whats funny about that ??

fuck shit this sucks.

i cannot believe the hypocrisy i have just witnessed, had this been some newbie posting then they would have been flamed to hell itself and feared to return.

i'm doubly sickened by the fact that a highly respected member of the community did this, at least they had the vague sense of respect toward the common gamer to come and clear things up before it hit the ten page long mark.

not cool, very not cool.

harris-fuck-you.gif

I've just tried UAE and my current PC is fast enough to run it :)

....I couldn't get the keys to work so looked in the control options...OK 'A' is for Numeric Keypad, which I don't have on my Laptop like keyboard...'B', dam I have no Ctrl key on the right...'C' bizarre set of Keys.

Talk about me falling at the last post :(

Back