I have finally updated our kernel trees to
and as usual there are binaries and sources at the known locations.
Regarding 4.19-rc4 we have quite some construction sites, unfortunately
with some regressions.
Here is the list of (significantly) broken things that I am aware of:
* OMAP5 TILER is no longer scanning through the frame buffer and appears to fetch from a fixed address
* "reboot" hangs if timer8 is in use
* bq2429x charger driver is far from being perfect (sometimes does not detect USB unplug/replug and charging does not start)
* AESS does not load firmware and even without, audio is broken
* PVR/SGX integration is missing
* sd/eMMC switch driver is missing
* camera driver is still not stable and incomplete
* PVR/SGX integration is incomplete
* Pandora WLAN is broken
* Pandora Audio is missing
* problems with generic-adc-battery (unreliable readings, % report less precise than it could be)
* Udoo neo: no HDMI driver
So all this needs help and support from our community.
Just read this, I was wondering what we could do... I am not a low level programming person, but there might be small things that could help, tidbits of testing, or maybe even reading some code (without completly getting everything but sometimes things might just seem wrong and can be discussed here) Off course its very hard without hardware, but some of you might have a omap5 board or something.
Since this is a plea to the community another reason I put it here is that there migth be community members not reading de mailing list so here it is.
More details on the problems: https://www.pyra-handheld.com/pipermail/kernel/2018-September/thread.html