Has The Official Ce Certification Been Scheduled?

How can it be? CE will be done with final unit. And we don't know yet when it will be produced.

Vitel said:
How can it be? CE will be done with final unit. And we don't know yet when it will be produced.
As far as I understand it, ED said on the 12th that it will be done with one of the units he now has on-hand;

EvilDragon said:
MDave said:
Can the final CE test be done with these sample cases now? Just to help get another thing done and out the way while we wait for the other processes?

It can and will be used for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think these needed CE/FCC clasification due to low volume of units or similar?
I remember reading a post somewhere?
OP.org or on here?

technically, they do have final units,
i really doubt some extra paint/polish/epoxy or SilkScreen!?
would do any greater difference.

unless they really get to change anything really important

kingoddball said:
I didn't think these needed CE/FCC clasification due to low volume of units or similar?
I remember reading a post somewhere?
OP.org or on here?
They need to be tested in the event that someone asks if they cause cancer

EvilDragon said:
Yep, it will take place on 28th of December.

Ed, will the final Pandora's silk screening include the CE logos on the bottom-side? If it does then I would think it will be cool and adds that final professional touch making it no different from any other piece of electronic from a large corporation.

I suppose this would peeve off those who would like minimal silk screening though :p

LuvClub said:
EvilDragon said:

Ed, will the final Pandora's silk screening include the CE logos on the bottom-side? If it does then I would think it will be cool and adds that final professional touch making it no different from any other piece of electronic from a large corporation.

I suppose this would peeve off those who would like minimal silk screening though :p
+1 I too would like to know. Any news on silkscreening by the way? I haven't been on in a while.

EvilDragon said:

Oh, no! That is not a good date for Spanish forum members. In Spain, "28th of December" is like "1st of April" for other countries, so we won't know if news about the test are true or only a joke :p

WORMSXP said:
EvilDragon said:

Oh, no! That is not a good date for Spanish forum members. In Spain, "28th of December" is like "1st of April" for other countries, so we won't know if news about the test are true or only a joke :p

Eheheee. This will be my revenge - I remember I once fell for an April's fool on gp32spain.com as I didn't know about that and posted news I got from their site here at gp32x.de :D

Well, I guess I shouldn't post results before the 29th then, eh? :)

Last edited:
darien said:
That stuff should go under the battery panel amirite?

This is what I came to say. I always thought in the battery compartment was the best place, so as to not mar the nice case. Also, it should be like a little stick on metal panel (or metalic looking plastic), not printing on the case itself. Look at the one on your other devices if you want to know what I mean.

BackAssward said:
darien said:
That stuff should go under the battery panel amirite?

This is what I came to say. I always thought in the battery compartment was the best place, so as to not mar the nice case. Also, it should be like a little stick on metal panel (or metalic looking plastic), not printing on the case itself. Look at the one on your other devices if you want to know what I mean.

If it's not a big deal, I second this. As BackAssward is probably suggesting, stuff printed on the case of a given device, especially pocketable ones like MP3 players and palm pilots, doesn't tend to last more than a year of heavy use; often less than that. I also like the idea of keeping the case clear of certification labels and similar markings if they can be placed somewhere less conspicuous without major production headaches. :)

That said, I wonder if a stick-on metal panel would necessarily work best, as those can come off after a while (although I guess you can just stick it back on somehow if that happens), but even stickers would last a lot longer on an interior surface like the inside of the battery cover.

EvilDragon said:

And given that date, would you still have shipped 1,000 Pandoras to paying customers before christmas if the case had not needed to be modified?

D.

Back