Ce Certification Now Invalid?

That's a pretty crappy bump Asmo, tongue in cheek or not. Maybe at that stage it was never going to happen (maybe Craig was outright wrong, maybe this or that). People using old quotes like that as ammunition are the reason the team is reluctant to post anything at all (as stated very clearly by ED and MWeston last week). Thanks for contributing to it.

A good bump.

Mr%20Bump.jpg

Sugar_Kane said:
Well, I have a son now, so I don't mind if this thing makes me sterile
i'm not having kids so i'll second that ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Deyna said:
Sugar_Kane said:
Well, I have a son now, so I don't mind if this thing makes me sterile
i'm not having kids so i'll second that ^_^

hum:
- pandora: check!
- two daugther: check!

guess I'dd get sterile but I don't care...

Well, craig might not want FCC, but I still want to do it ;)
We're all individuals, you know?

It must be crushing to have to justify your every move to those that deign to tell you how to do your job when most of them have, or never will produce anything more than a shiny brown loaf every morning.

Why would FCC approval be needed if the Pandora is to be continually sold from within Europe direct to the end user?

Gruso said:
That's a pretty crappy bump Asmo, tongue in cheek or not. Maybe at that stage it was never going to happen (maybe Craig was outright wrong, maybe this or that). People using old quotes like that as ammunition are the reason the team is reluctant to post anything at all (as stated very clearly by ED and MWeston last week). Thanks for contributing to it.

'Never' doesn't, by definition, have an expiry date!

At that stage (late December, not exactly Aeons ago) it had already been stated that a final unit was required for an intended FCC test. We were all awaiting the results of Ed's CE testing. 'FCC/CE testing passed!' was announced and I asked the quoted question, getting a barbed response (to a question I hadn't actually asked) about trawling for quotes where I could apparently have determined that there was unequivocally never going to be an FCC test. I thought that was worth an ironic echo.

No hard feelings, it was a bit of a grumpy post from me. It does have a real effect on the team though, and their gay lovers.

@x680000, perhaps in preparation for being stocked by US resellers down the track? Just a guess, dunno really.

I would suppose it's best to cover all of the bases as soon as possible, especially for things that are legal requirements in certain countries. For instance: it is a legal UK requirement that all linux based gaming handhelds with qwerty keyboards and full gaming controls, and OMAP3530 processors, must all come pre-loaded with a video of the team responsible for producing it playing air guitar to 'my sharona' by the Knack.

Gruso said:
No hard feelings, it was a bit of a grumpy post from me. It does have a real effect on the team though, and their gay lovers.

Okeydokey ;)

/withdraws finger slowly from big red button

Works both ways though. Wounds can be inflicted from the other side too.

Sugar_Kane said:
It must be crushing to have to justify your every move to those that deign to tell you how to do your job when most of them have, or never will produce anything more than a shiny brown loaf every morning.

Who is telling anyone how to do anything?

x68000 said:
Why would FCC approval be needed if the Pandora is to be continually sold from within Europe direct to the end user?

You would'nt. I confirmed it from various sources (official FCC testing labors, lawyers, etc.).
FCC is only needed for us if [I'm stupid spammer] it from WITHIN USA.
If customers from USA buy from US in Europe, THEY basically have to take care of FCC.

That said, it's planned to sell it within US in the future, also we want to make it clear for US clients that it's totally fine and legal to use the product in USA.
Therefore, I want to go for FCC certification.

As it does cost a whopping 15000 EUR, it's not on the main priority list now as we won't need it for the moment.
But I WANT to do it in the near future.

Last edited:
Asmo said:
Gruso said:

Okeydokey ;)

/withdraws finger slowly from big red button

Works both ways though. Wounds can be inflicted from the other side too.

Just wanted to quote that.

Asmo said:
craigix said:
Asmo said:
Wait... when was there an official FCC test?

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I had the skills I'd make each of my words a link to a thread where it has been said before.

I'll just say it again so you can quote a more recent thread.

Never going to happen.

Ed might do one, but I've no interest in it. I'm not an American and don't have an American company.

I was thinking about declaring my second bathroom as american soil though...

EvilDragon said:
the big FCC test is still coming and planned

craigix said:
I'll just say it again so you can quote a more recent thread.

Never going to happen.

I've no interest in it. I'm not an American and don't have an American company.

EvilDragon said:
it's planned to sell it within US in the future, also we want to make it clear for US clients that it's totally fine and legal to use the product in USA.

It won't have happened if you aren't interested? Is this some kind of Quantum FCC test? Shouldn't someone tell ED? Is Germany in Texas now?

/cue Twilight Zone music

EvilDragon said:
x68000 said:

You would'nt. I confirmed it from various sources (official FCC testing labors, lawyers, etc.).
FCC is only needed for us if [I'm stupid spammer] it from WITHIN USA.
If customers from USA buy from US in Europe, THEY basically have to take care of FCC.

That said, it's planned to sell it within US in the future, also we want to make it clear for US clients that it's totally fine and legal to use the product in USA.
Therefore, I want to go for FCC certification.

As it does cost a whopping 15000 EUR, it's not on the main priority list now as we won't need it for the moment.
But I WANT to do it in the near future.

So, as a customer in the United States, I have to take care of the FCC. How exactly do I do that? Also, why does the web site say the Pandora has passed FCC compliance testing if there is a good chance of it not happening?

Gerix: I guess that it is in such way as this:
You can buy whatever You like whenever You like. But if somebody guess that your device interfere with radio waves and disturb other devices (such as TV, FM radio, GPS, mobile phones, etc) you will be responsible for eventually damages. You can be even forced to pay some fee, Your device will be confiscated or so. It is the same as other individual import such as shopping on dealextreme, chinavasion or other cheep China (but not only China) eshop.
edit: I'm not lawyer nor American citizen, so ask Your local regulation bureau for this.

Back