Hard Nova And Gp2x

gates007

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I just got my GP2X and have been looking forward to play some of my favorite games from the past. One of such game is Hard Nova by Electronic Arts. I am having some trouble running it and wondering if you can assist:

1. I ruled out the Dos version as it was not runnable in dosbox 0.7 or prior versions
2. The Amiga version using UAEforall was not playable (although was bootable) with any reasonable speed and with too many times to change floppies to consider playable.
3. The ST version just plain not bootable at all (but it works on STeem on my Win XP)

Any suggestions?

~Gates

you might try getting a different disk dump of the atari st and/or amiga version and try those again in each associated emulator. also make sure you use the correct TOS or Kickstart version when using the emulators.

Thanks - I tried diff dump for Amiga and it still did not work. As for ST - only Fuzion produced Hard Nova so there is no alternate dump. Also tried UAE2x and UAEforall (UAEforall boot but not playable and UAE2X not bootable at all)...

Any suggestions?

gates007 posted on Mar 21 2007 at 08:14 PM said:
Thanks - I tried diff dump for Amiga and it still did not work. As for ST - only Fuzion produced Hard Nova so there is no alternate dump. Also tried UAE2x and UAEforall (UAEforall boot but not playable and UAE2X not bootable at all)...

Any suggestions?

Is the ST version 'filed'? (ie: not written into discrewte sectors and all that nastyness) -- if its 'filed' (readable fileS), perhaps, you can make a fresh disk image (using STeem say), then copy the files to it, and try that disk image instead. (ie: Perhaps the disk you have is in some hard format inside of the .MSA or .ST ..)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Skeezix. I tired but I get the same thing and it did not work in OutcaST. I think among the three emulators (uaeforall, outcast and dosbox) that can run Hard Nova, OutcaST seems to be the best (with 2 disk drives - it is a god send!). If you can just give it a shot when you are free that would be great - you'll have my eternal gratitude! ~gates

Back