Personally Disappointed With Gp2x

See what I mean. Those emulator nuts that completely dislike a handheld just because they don't like the emulators.

JaqMs posted on Sep 8 2006 at 10:01 PM said:
See what I mean. Those emulator nuts that completely dislike a handheld just because they don't like the emulators.

so...we should ban all emulators then because you are one of the only ones who don't like them?

go away jaqoff

Last edited by a moderator:
I woulnd't talk, Jaq. The XGP will mostly be emulators and ports of other games, as the chances of more than one or two commercial titles that no other console will have (or have a clone of) will be low, if not zero.

So if I were you, I'd be stocking up on Genesis and NES roms (that you legally own, naturally), pray for really good GP32 compatibility, and save your bitching for the kick in the ass life has yet to get you with.

I told you all and I'll tell you again, I don't have hatred against the actual emulators, just the people that idolize them. In this instance, the person problably went crazy because he heard about all the emulators, but is now disappointed ONLY because the emulators don't suit him. He does not take all the excellent, original homebrew and multimedia capabilities into account.

JaqMs posted on Sep 8 2006 at 11:16 PM said:
I told you all and I'll tell you again, I don't have hatred against the actual emulators, just the people that idolize them. In this instance, the person problably went crazy because he heard about all the emulators, but is now disappointed ONLY because the emulators don't suit him. He does not take all the excellent, original homebrew and multimedia capabilities into account.

Save your hate for those who actually matter ... like someone you meet in person, and their breath is so offensive that your only resonable course of action is a furious flurry of punches to that gaping, halitosis-spewing face of theirs. :)

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=27330

Hey look... a topic that suits you. It's called "Don't be a dick and show some respect."

You are entitled only the firmwares, the software that GPH releases, and the Linux/various source codes. That's it!

Anything else is the free work of hobbyists.

hmm....
I wonder what i the dev to non-dev ratio is.

To all the people who got the gp2x strictly for emulation: I appreciate you for taking interest in the handheld and using your hard, earned money to purchase the system, and asisting giving GPH the cashflow it needs to help put the hombrew/retro scene on the map. Gamepark Holdings did position the device to be a Personal Entertainment Player and this is probably how some of you became interested in the system. But you must understand that it is considered disrespectful to the community (mainly the devs of said programs) to bitch about something you are not contributing to. The words of the day is OPENSOURCE and GPL. Anyone of us in this comunity could contribute to this handheld if we have the willingness to learn and the drive to make something happen yourself. But also I can bet that the majority of those of you who are bitching about the emulators have not donated a dime to any of the Authors and expect to be able to get a fullspeed emulator for free. On the other side of the lake there is the n-gage community who has to pay $10-$25 for a Nes,Gens,and SNES, emulator to play roms on a screen the size of a postage stamp. I am not targeting the guy who started this thread, becuase part of me want to think that he does not nescerily mean to disrespect the Authors he is just saying that there is room for improvement which is pretty much true for all things hombrew. I'm just talking to a percentage of you out there who genuinely think that the individual devs out there to keep updating or make a perfect emulation and give it to everyone for free without so much as a dime sent in your name to Paypal.

Oh yeah I think it's worth mentioning that I am not a Newbie in this forum I've been active here since the GP32 scene and I am a relatively upincoming dev for the scene and can't wait to contribute to this handheld in a big way.

Sounds to me like you (the guy who started this thread) bought the wrong Portable gaming system. The GP2X is for those of us who enjoy retro gaming and Homebrew. ;)

Call me a geek, but I enjoy all this, tracing every new post and trying every new emulator/app anyone adds to the archive, it's part of the fun, to touch real progress in new versions.

In real life, many commercial software releases are either to fix a minor bug, or to make an action in the market (for business reasons), not that many new features based on the requests of the users, most beta tests are closed or semi open, if it was open then it means the beta is almost flawless, unlike here, you get the joy of participating in projects you like, you test everything, you tell the author "CATCH YA" once you find a bug :D and then you suggest new things to them that if they can, they will make, this is the nature of our community, emulators on our PCs have never been as easy as install, double click on the shortcut on your desktop and BOOM you are in game, they always require you to configure more stuff manually, there are no new emulators ready out of the box, except for GP32 & GP2X, the fact that all of us own the same exact system (with tiny minor differences) make it as easy as install it the right way, add your ROMs, then play. We are in heaven compared to other emulators lovers how own other devices, oh my poor 400 MHz pocket pc :(

Be grateful for what you have.

And guys, stop insulting everyone who makes a mistake, it is getting really annoying, you can simply do like others did, point his foolishness out politely and he will apologize automatically, he must have started this thread in a moment of desperateness.

sehs33 posted on Sep 9 2006 at 08:42 AM said:
Call me a geek, but I enjoy all this, tracing every new post and trying every new emulator/app anyone adds to the archive, it's part of the fun, to touch real progress in new versions.

You're a geek :) but the kind of person who will enjoy the GP2X.

A lot of the publicity given to the GP2X is about emulators. The GP2X will probably never have many commercial games, so the emphasis has been on saying we haven't got any commercial games but look at all the emulators you can use to play games.

Most people are use to hand-helds like the PSP, DS etc and expect the GP2X to be the same. They're expectations are too high, the GP2X doesn't have a large corporation backing it, it's mostly homebrew and free (as in speech and beer).

Look at all the stuff on the archive and think of the hours of time people have put into producing those programs. It's the community that should emphasised, not the emulators.

Seriously, I need to do a topic about all this bitching on my next show. Anyway, I'm late to this thread, so I'm going to just give my two cents...

EMO!

FFNoir posted on Sep 9 2006 at 09:40 AM said:
Seriously, I need to do a topic about all this bitching on my next show. Anyway, I'm late to this thread, so I'm going to just give my two cents...

EMO!

hahaha should have seen that one coming.

Back