Gp2xmess 0.8-beta Released

telengard

Certified Guru
Website
users.adelphia.net
This version of gp2xmess fixes some annoying bugs that were present due to the version of SDL I was using. I found a newer version of the library and it fixes the volume down button and joystick click not being recognized. This also fixes the SDL timer issue which kept the file selection dialog from allowing scrolling.

I also added the Odyseey 2 driver, not many games are playable but I do plan on working on compatibility once I finish my attempts at getting a few more drivers in there (apple 2, coco2/3, and a few others). Speed is pretty good, overclocking will give 100%.

Here are some pics:

Showdown in 2100 AD:

outlaw.jpg

Electronic Soccer:

soccer.jpg

A few more things changed if you are curious you can check out the CHANGELOG.

You can grab the latest here:

http://users.adelphia.net/~bsturk/gp2x.html

~telengard

SumBitchPileOfMonkeyNuts! Odyssey 2 emulation!? I grew up on an Odyssey 2 when I lived in Germany! (then I went to the States and found that everyone had Atari 2600's <_< ) So compatibility is low still? I think I'll have to give it a download and maybe a donate, I love Odyssey 2!

I apologize for my over exuberance, but thanks. :D

Reaper

SumBitchPileOfMonkeyNuts! Odyssey 2 emulation!? I grew up on an Odyssey 2 when I lived in Germany! (then I went to the States and found that everyone had Atari 2600's <_< ) So compatibility is low still? I think I'll have to give it a download and maybe a donate, I love Odyssey 2!

I apologize for my over exuberance, but thanks. :D

Reaper

Hiya reaper79,

Glad to see there are fans of the O2. I was one of those 2600 owners. :)

My babysitter though had an Odyssey2 and I was always fascinated by the keyboard and the joysticks. She also had a color TV which makes a world of difference.

Yes, unfortunately the compatability is low right now. I printed out the spec/opcodes for the intel 8048 and also some docs from Dan Boris and a disassembled O2 bios listing. I've been reading them over lunch @ work and I hope to fix some of the issues in the O2 driver. It's a neat little machine!

One thing I can't emulate unfortunately are those cool playing pieces and boards that came with some of the games. :p

take care,
~telengard

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay,
My cousin had a O2, and I loved playing on it. Is there keyboard support?
Monkeyshines!, Golf, Pick Axe Pete, KC's various games, and Quest for the Ring (Or whatever the board game one was called). Here I come. With my luck none will work yet, but at least we have some headway.

Whenever I get my Paypal setup in the next month or so, first donation goes to you.

Yay,
My cousin had a O2, and I loved playing on it. Is there keyboard support?
Monkeyshines!, Golf, Pick Axe Pete, KC's various games, and Quest for the Ring (Or whatever the board game one was called). Here I come. With my luck none will work yet, but at least we have some headway.

Whenever I get my Paypal setup in the next month or so, first donation goes to you.

Yep, keyboard support is there. Press the right shoulder button (by default, it can be remapped although I probably wouldn't bother since the O2 had one joystick button).

I think the board game was called Quest for the Ring or something like that.

~telengard

Yep, keyboard support is there. Press the right shoulder button (by default, it can be remapped although I probably wouldn't bother since the O2 had one joystick button).

I think the board game was called Quest for the Ring or something like that.

~telengard
DL'd, looks great. I've tried a few, like KC Krazy Chase and PickAxe Pete, but they seem to hang on the select a game screen after the Rom is loaded. I'm not sure whether the issue is compatability or bad roms. Has anyone else had these roms successfully work for them? I don't remember how to start a game, but have been hitting every key, with no luck. Still, even the loadsceen brings back memories, nice job!.
*EDIT Must be the Rom, I've gotten a few to work now (Football)

Back