Release HammerWatch (launcher)

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is the HammerWatch launcher.

preview1.png

You will need the Mono RunTime PND and the Full Version of HammerWatch.

This launcher should be compatible with all HammerWatch versions (including latest 1.22+ using SDL2). It is also compatible with Windows or Linux version, but in case your are using the Linux version, do not copy the "lib" folder (it may prevent the game from working on the Pandora).

Even if the full HammerWatch files can be copied everywhere, I sugest NOT to copy the files in the appdata/hammerwatch folder directly to avoid potential conflict.

Note that this game is Very Memory Hungry, and a Swap File is mandatory for CC model, and strongly advised for other model. If you experience crashes, enlarge your swapfile.

On first launch, you may need to go to the option screen and put fullscreen (if you see a large black band on top of the screen) and configure keyboard if you want.

To change GLES2 backend, edit appdata/hammerwatch/home/.es and put 1 or 2 to select GLES backend.

History log
=========

Build 06
---------

• Updated libs
Build 05
---------

• using latest gl4es, with GLES2 backend by default (actual support for shaders)
Build 04
---------

• using latest gl4es (fake support for shaders)
  • using fmod
  • compatible with 1.32 version (with Temple of the Sun)
Build 03
---------

• Improved optimisation phase
  • using latest glshim (support for minimap)
  • Should be compatible with 1.62+
Build 02
----------

• First release version
Build 01
----------

• Beta releases

Last edited:
Wow awesome, this is a recent PC game and was in a Humble Bundle!

Haven't tried it yet, will try it on the Pandora first.

Did you contact the developer to let you port it, or it "just works" in mono runtime?

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know if i am too dense or what, but i can't get past the select a name screen. running version 1.23...

Edit: never mind, mouse offset on first run did that. runs very well without music on my cc. very surprised! thanks for fiddling with this and getting it to run!

i don't know if i am too dense or what, but i can't get past the select a name screen. running version 1.23...
Does it crash out of the game?, if so you need to activate a swap file..

What do you mean, you cannot enter your name?

Do you see a large black bar on top of the screen? If that the case, you need to click a upper that what you see (compensate for the black bar)

no the problem was, that i was stuck on that screen. just mouse pointer offset though.

Great work, but I'm probably doing something wrong. It starts with version 1.23 from GOG to create a window titled Hammerwatch 1.23 (without any content, just the WM decoration) and then after some activity exits with the following in the pndrun log:

Code:
[...lots of these lines cut...]
glXGetProcAddress: glVertexStream3dATI not found.
glXALSA Default

Unhandled Exception:
mono-sgen [0xc4e14]
mono-sgen(mono_arm_throw_exception+0x78) [0x108994]

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: opengl32.dll
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL/Core:UseProgram (uint)
  at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.UseProgram (Int32 program) [0x00000] in :0 
  at TiltedEngine.Drawing.Shader.Unbind () [0x00000] in :0 
  at ARPGGame.WorldDrawer.SetRenderSetting (RenderSettings settings, Boolean skipNewRenderTargets) [0x00000] in :0 
  at ARPGGame.WorldDrawer.Initialize (TiltedEngine.ResourceBank resources, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean forceShaders) [0x00000] in :0 
  at ARPGGame.GameBase.Resize (Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in :0 
  at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnResize (Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in :0 
  at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.Run () [0x00000] in :0 
  at ARPGGame.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0 
unmout monort
[... rest deleted...]

Great work, but I'm probably doing something wrong. It starts with version 1.23 from GOG to create a window titled Hammerwatch 1.23 (without any content, just the WM decoration) and then after some activity exits with the following in the pndrun log:

[...lots of these lines cut...]
glXGetProcAddress: glVertexStream3dATI not found.
glXALSA Default

Unhandled Exception:
mono-sgen [0xc4e14]
mono-sgen(mono_arm_throw_exception+0x78) [0x108994]

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: opengl32.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL/Core:UseProgram (uint)
at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.UseProgram (Int32 program) [0x00000] in :0
at TiltedEngine.Drawing.Shader.Unbind () [0x00000] in :0
at ARPGGame.WorldDrawer.SetRenderSetting (RenderSettings settings, Boolean skipNewRenderTargets) [0x00000] in :0
at ARPGGame.WorldDrawer.Initialize (TiltedEngine.ResourceBank resources, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean forceShaders) [0x00000] in :0
at ARPGGame.GameBase.Resize (Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in :0
at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnResize (Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in :0
at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.Run () [0x00000] in :0
at ARPGGame.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0
unmout monort
[... rest deleted...]
Out of memory maybe? What is your Pandora model, and, if you open a terminal and type "free", what is the output?

Hi there, managed to get this to work:

1ghz Pandora

512mb swap file

Clocked to 1200mhz

Did not start as fullscreen so was getting mouse offset issue as well, quickly resolved once set.

Unplayable for me when I got to Floor 3, very very slow.

The minimap option not working, doesn't seem to draw on the screen. Maybe it uses some shader specific thing to draw on top?

Shame, as I'd love to be able to play this properly - but great work so far ptitSeb for just getting to work!

It's a GHz model with one 512M swap file on both SD cards.

Code:
jr:~$ swapon -s
Filename                                Type            Size    Used    Priority
/media/Emulator/swapfile.swp            file            524284  4740    0
/media/Pandora/swapfile.swp             file            524284  4700    0
jr:~$ free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:        513616     127576     386040          0       6280      51276
-/+ buffers/cache:      70020     443596
Swap:      1048568       9440    1039128

@_jr_ : your log is strange. It try to load shaders, but that sure will not work. Maybe try to remove any config.xml that may still be present.

@phi6: hmmm, I have to go to level 3 then (or put some savegame so it's easier/faster to me)

cute little game. great work ptitSeb.

which sgx driver do you guys use for best results.

is there any way to make this work with the dpad and the game buttons (or even nubs)?

is there any way to make this work with the dpad and the game buttons (or even nubs)?
DPad & game buttons yes. Just go to options screen and setup input like that.

On Gigahertz, I use the 4.03.02.

So have you had time yet to have a look at the level 3 issue? (i have not myself).

So have you had time yet to have a look at the level 3 issue? (i have not myself).
Not yet. I have to play it first to go to Lvl3, but Alex or myself will work on that soon  ;)

Back