Halfway April

If they are still doing the cnc prototypes for the case, it sounds like they haven't made the tools for the molding of the case yet. It could be a while. I'm thinking late July. Or early August. But I hope I'm wrong and they are ready for mass production earlier

Last edited by a moderator:
'Alpha2' said:
This forced them to be very careful about what they say because if they keep revising estimates over and over it seems worse than just not saying anything, and realistically I can;t say I blame them, considering the constant bitching and moaning they get they;re damned if they do or if they don;t.
Hence, my point. Don't make estimates, tell us what you've been working on, what your going to work on next and provide an updated list of items to be completed prior to delivery. Again, I am not complaining, I am offering a suggestion as to how to provide folks like Monk with the information they want.

agreed. all of us still in the preorders already have accepted that delays can happen. Giving us proper and direct information about the current work will stop us from asking all the time. We will get the information anyway, even if we have to ask over and over again, but the more we have to ask, the worse will be the response. Telling us there will be no delay and then 2 weeks later telling us there was a delay is a serious hit in the face, considering how patient this community is, but well... that is soooo last week ^^

Probably interesting in this context... yesterday EvilDragon promised a detailed update on the german board - will probably be online on monday.
Es gibt über Ostern auf jeden Fall ein komprehensives Status-Update, wir bringen gerade alle Infos von allen Seiten zusammen
Rough translation:
"There will be a comprehensive status-update at the easter weekend, we are currently collecting all infos from all sites"

Source:
CODE
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6893&start=90

I remember before the first Halo came out Bungie started communicating with the community by having one guy posting updates every Friday. (Don't know if they still do that, stopped being a fan once MS bought them and I all I got was a watered down game, way later then expected.) We (the community) got to know things about what the dev team was up to so we could follow the process.

'conso' said:
agreed. all of us still in the preorders already have accepted that delays can happen. Giving us proper and direct information about the current work will stop us from asking all the time.
Haha, that's funny. And children will stop asking their parents if they are there yet if the parents tell them how many hours it will take at the beginning of the drive.

'conso' said:
[...], considering how patient this community is, [...]
XD Oh god, my sides, their splitting because I'm laughing so hard. This community is at best 50% patient people and 50% impatient people. You guys keep hassling the devs about when things are going to come out instead of just going on with your lives and then the people who are patient have to yell at you to get you to stop. Just because there's a checks and balances system where the patient attempt to keep the impatient in check, it doesn't mean that the damage isn't already done. And it certainly doesn't mean that this community is patient.

-God Ginrai

'God Ginrai' said:
'conso' said:
agreed. all of us still in the preorders already have accepted that delays can happen. Giving us proper and direct information about the current work will stop us from asking all the time.
Haha, that's funny. And children will stop asking their parents if they are there yet if the parents tell them how many hours it will take at the beginning of the drive.

'conso' said:
XD Oh god, my sides, their splitting because I'm laughing so hard. This community is at best 50% patient people and 50% impatient people. You guys keep hassling the devs about when things are going to come out instead of just going on with your lives and then the people who are patient have to yell at you to get you to stop. Just because there's a checks and balances system where the patient attempt to keep the impatient in check, it doesn't mean that the damage isn't already done. And it certainly doesn't mean that this community is patient.

-God Ginrai

ha ha ha you're very right -God Ginrai those people should get on with their lives! I'm a very patient Pandorarer.

'God Ginrai' said:
Mom & Dad: "Come on Kids, we're going to drive to your Cousins!"

Kids: "How long is that gonna take?"

Mom & Dad: "About 3 hours"

2 Days later:

Kids: "Are we there yet? Why is this taking so long?"

Mom & Dad: "Just sit tight. Nearly there now."

2 Weeks later:

Kids: "Seriously, are we nearly there? How much longer? You said 3 hours over 2 weeks ago"

Passing Open-top motorist, going in opposite direction: "STFU! I HATE U KIDS!"

lol seriously, there are lots of other things to do in life beside the pandora, so i just sit back and enjoy my long easter weekend. :)

So if you're impatient, I suggest you try doing something else bside that.^^

'Asmo' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
Mom & Dad: "Come on Kids, we're going to drive to your Cousins!"

Kids: "How long is that gonna take?"

Mom & Dad: "About 3 hours"

2 Days later:

Kids: "Are we there yet? Why is this taking so long?"

Mom & Dad: "Just sit tight. Nearly there now."

2 Weeks later:

Kids: "Seriously, are we nearly there? How much longer? You said 3 hours over 2 weeks ago"

Passing Open-top motorist, going in opposite direction: "STFU! I HATE U KIDS!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The patient members of the community aren't shouting at ANYONE - they are being quiety patient. Anyone trying to "shut up" those who are openly impatient with the "3 hours vs 2 weeks" type situation are just being impatient in a different way, possibly a differemt direction. Some may even be showing signs of transferance for all I know, but patient they are certainly NOT being.

'God Ginrai' said:
'conso' said:

'conso' said:

-God Ginrai

You are kidding? Maybe your definition of patience is something special, but I would consider someone who is waiting for a device he has paid for 6 months ago a very patient person. There's a difference between patience and religious trust. All we are asking for is information and we got a lot of the information we got in the last week only because of repeated asking. I'm quite happy at the moment, we got enough information for the next 1-2 weeks already, but a big update is even better.
Sure as some people here feel religious trust in OP, that information is absolutely useless to them, but the other half is quite patient as long as it knows work gets done.

'conso' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
'conso' said:

'conso' said:

-God Ginrai

You are kidding? Maybe your definition of patience is something special, but I would consider someone who is waiting for a device he has paid for 6 months ago a very patient person. There's a difference between patience and religious trust. All we are asking for is information and we got a lot of the information we got in the last week only because of repeated asking. I'm quite happy at the moment, we got enough information for the next 1-2 weeks already, but a big update is even better.
Sure as some people here feel religious trust in OP, that information is absolutely useless to them, but the other half is quite patient as long as it knows work gets done.

There's a difference between patience and tolerance. God Ginrai is correct here, you aren't. Most people are very impatient, and vocally show that impatience. Everyone is being tolerant though, and are coping (in some form or another) with the delays that occur.

'God Ginrai' said:

-God Ginrai
Or people like me , who are impatient ,but just dont yell all the time at OpenPandora ltd.

meh. If they don't hurry up I'm gonna have to wait some more. You bought the product of a so indeterminate process the credit card companies won't even touch, you didn't buy the process, that you have any influence or window into that process is just good fortune. Nobody *owes* you anything but a pandora whatever that turns out to be at the end of the process whenever that is. Don't like the process get a refund stfu and gtfo and I'm not saying you don't have good reason to. I don't like child slavery so I might not buy a certain brand of tennis shoe. Maybe you don't like geeks fumbling around and learning on the fly so you don't buy a pandora. As always you vote with your wallet. Videos are terrific and love them all but I bet if you total it all up each one is probably at least half a day to a day productive time lost, not including time down at the clinic for injuries received during the making of and any associated physical therapy.

I like to think of the progress on the pandora as a guy running on a treadmill. He keeps running, definitely. We have proof of that. But he's not moving anyway.

I'm impatient, but I usually wait at least 2 years before sending out death threats :p

Back