Hackers obtain PS3 private cryptography key due to epic programming fail?

I think I've seen a man with this key as a tattoo on his chest…

Otherwise, on computer devices, you could go the PND way, like this :

proprietary_system_3.png
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I had viewed the documents concerning sony's "restraining order from your ps3" and the "We will seize everything" documents, And I can safely say: I'm not buying Anything Sony Anymore! :angry:

Neither am I! I'm not buying any Blu-Rays. I'm waiting for a new disc based format. I'll wait a decade.

We should all support blu-ray by downloading it.

Christ even I'm aware I'm back to my old trolling. Horay, next up a video!

^Careful, Sony's watching. I told them via Twitter that they're a bunch of bullies ^^

I think I've seen a man with this key as a tattoo on his chest…

Otherwise, on computer devices, you could go the PND way, like this :

proprietary_system_3.png
laugh.gif
If you don't mind reduced human-readability just use RGBA, which fits the length of the key better.

C0CEFE84C227F75BD07A7EB846509F93B238E770DACB9FF4A388F812482BE21B_.png

You could also just use 8-bit grayscale, which would give you 32 fields of one byte each. But I'm too lazy to write a script to do that for me right now.

If you don't mind reduced human-readability just use RGBA, which fits the length of the key better.

C0CEFE84C227F75BD07A7EB846509F93B238E770DACB9FF4A388F812482BE21B_.png

You could also just use 8-bit grayscale, which would give you 32 fields of one byte each. But I'm too lazy to write a script to do that for me right now.

Ohhh, nice!

I did not think about those options.

I just duplicated how they did the "free speech flag"
tongue.gif

And I can safely say: I'm not buying Anything Sony Anymore! :angry:
I'm surprised anyone did after the bleem! thing, the rootkit thing, and the Lik-Sang thing.

And, you t-shirt guys: Have you considered QR Codes? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I'm STILL pissed about the rootkit thing, but after they pulled Linux support is when I decided against it.

What pisses me off about them suing is that, from watching the talk the screenshot is from, you see that they broke enough security to run pirated games WAY before they could run custom code, and they kept going because piracy wasn't their goal. The talk described this as another of the failures: that you could break 20% of the security and do 100% of what Sony wanted to prevent from happening.

also as a side note, I love how they describe the original hack by geohot: I went to HS with the guy where we were lucky enough to have an electronics lab, and it seems his style hasn't changed :p

What pisses me off about them suing is that, from watching the talk the screenshot is from, you see that they broke enough security to run pirated games WAY before they could run custom code, and they kept going because piracy wasn't their goal. The talk described this as another of the failures: that you could break 20% of the security and do 100% of what Sony wanted to prevent from happening.

also as a side note, I love how they describe the original hack by geohot: I went to HS with the guy where we were lucky enough to have an electronics lab, and it seems his style hasn't changed :p
am i normal in thinking that i wouldve rather gone to high school with geohot, then have lebron james play against my high school while i was there? even though im a huge fan of bball?

am i normal in thinking that i wouldve rather gone to high school with geohot, then have lebron james play against my high school while i was there? even though im a huge fan of bball?
depends, are/were you into electronics at the time? or sports? I feel this would be the main deciding factor

Do you mean like this? :rolleyes:
too bad they are returning the private key from the getrandomnumber function, but yea you could fit it

(did they bother working out what the static random number actually was? for all I know it could have been the private key as well...)

Back