Gta 4 Anyone Els Eabout To Go Get It ? :p

Ganepark32 said:
Anyone tried it online yet?
I want to, but I don't have enough online friends who own the game.

Maybe we should set up a game for here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just screwed around a bit trying to get the achievement for getting a 4 star wanted level and then outrunning the cops (for 50G). Took me an hour but I got it.

Thought it would be easier but surviving and leaving the mess you just created with cops dead everywhere is only the beginning. Cops are constantly regenerating as you reach what you think is salvation. I finally reached the rim of the wanted zone but ran out of road as I looked ahead. I slammed at full speed into a ramp and went soaring into the ocean, just narrowly clearing the wanted zone.

It was beautiful :p

I got my copy through the post this morning, however I can't play it till I get home from work.

I want to go home.

:angry: :( :( :( :( :( :( :angry:

DaveC said:
Guyfawkes said:
I cant be bothered going into the 360 v PS3 rants, just get it for whatever console you have and enjoy the game!
What if you have both? Then it would be nice to know which version has better graphics etc.

I think anyone who has both machines should get the 360 version... the graphics arent that much different from what ive seen and read and the extra content coming later on xbox live will expand the game a lot and leave PS3 users wanting it...

I'm hearing that the graphics are better on the PS3. I haven't seen anything to confirm this but in the 360 version, trying to do stuff at night is a nightmare. It's just soooo dark. And yet I'm hearing that it's fine on the PS3. Strange but nothing that's gonna stop me playing, although the aiming/targeting system is really beginning to annoy me. I look straight at the guy I want to target and it targets someone off to the left or the right. Have to manually aim it at the target. It's not a huge deal but it should aim where I tell it to with auto target.

Ganepark32 said:
I'm hearing that the graphics are better on the PS3. I haven't seen anything to confirm this but in the 360 version, trying to do stuff at night is a nightmare. It's just soooo dark.
Uhh, try changing the contrast in the settings, or change your TV's settings. I'm experiencing no such problems...

One of my friends is playing it on a 19 inch SD TV. He says it is dark as fook, this is on the PS3.

I'm playing it on a 60 inch HDTV with PS3. I seem to be able to see everything clearly ;).

i went from a 19" monitor which was fine, to 32" telly via component and it was seriously dark, i had to whack the brightness up on the games settings and on my tv

Got my 'lose my 4 Star wanted rating' Achievement last night. Took forever to get 4 stars. Think I ran over like 100 people and still didn't have 4 stars. Didn't expect to see the police piloting Hummers either so that was cool. And I finally unlocked the main island, Algonquin, an hour or two ago. So I'm finally getting into it much more. Missions haven't been anything spectacular so far but I'm sure they'll get better.

Edit: PLayed it online earlier as well and I have to say it's not that great. If you've played Saints Row online then you'll know the drill. It's similar to that but on a much bigger map. Lots of modes but the only one I played was team deathmatch and it was pretty hard to get enough people to play that.

Ganepark32 said:
Got my 'lose my 4 Star wanted rating' Achievement last night. Took forever to get 4 stars. Think I ran over like 100 people and still didn't have 4 stars. Didn't expect to see the police piloting Hummers either so that was cool. And I finally unlocked the main island, Algonquin, an hour or two ago. So I'm finally getting into it much more. Missions haven't been anything spectacular so far but I'm sure they'll get better.
Running over people doesn't usually help much. The most effective way is shooting people to get the cops' attention, and then shooting them. After like 3-4 cop kills you'll get to the higher star regions.

razzy said:
I think anyone who has both machines should get the 360 version... the graphics arent that much different from what ive seen and read and the extra content coming later on xbox live will expand the game a lot and leave PS3 users wanting it...
I don't have or care about live though. I like to play through the missions and get into story of games. "Pwning looz3rz in d34thm4tch to be the l33t357" does nothing for me either.

One thing is I have my 360 connected via VGA and the PS3 through HDMI. The 360 VGA is much sharper video output. If the 360 graphics suck though it may not matter. Someone said the pop-up was worse on the 360 because it is slower to spool of of a DVD than it is off of a HDD. I don't know why they didn't take advantage of the 360 HDD if you have one for better load times though, lazy bastards.

DaveC said:
razzy said:
I don't have or care about live though. I like to play through the missions and get into story of games. "Pwning looz3rz in d34thm4tch to be the l33t357" does nothing for me either.

One thing is I have my 360 connected via VGA and the PS3 through HDMI. The 360 VGA is much sharper video output. If the 360 graphics suck though it may not matter. Someone said the pop-up was worse on the 360 because it is slower to spool of of a DVD than it is off of a HDD. I don't know why they didn't take advantage of the 360 HDD if you have one for better load times though, lazy bastards.

You're confusing online play with downloadable episodic content. That means if you thoroughly enjoy the game, and in the fall of 2008 they come out out with additional gameplay (10+ hours per episode, they say), you can buy it and play new stuff. That was the deal-breaker for me over the playstation version.

Indeed. If I had had a PS3, the deal breaker would have been the online content coming to the 360. With it being said that whole cities are a possibility for the 360's DLC, I would say that if you're wanting more bang for your buck, then the 360 version will give it to you, albeit that you will have to probably shell out quite an excess on the DLC when it comes.

Also, I would like to retract my statement on it being not so good online. I sat with 15 other players form all over for 3 hours and it was fantastic. I guess it's just getting the right people to play. If you get a chance to, set the map to Prison and turn all weapons off to have a prison brawl. Did it last night and it was brilliant. Ended up with half of us in cars smashing into each other and the other half running after the cars with baseball bats.

Man, it's a good thing I've had a few days off work recently, because otherwise I'd have had to quit to get all the time in on this game. Fucking masterpiece.

Ravnos said:
Man, it's a good thing I've had a few days off work recently, because otherwise I'd have had to quit to get all the time in on this game. Fucking masterpiece.
Amen.

Say, anyone else have a hard time with the Deconstruction For Beginners mission? I've tried with grenades and also without. Seems that the latter is better, cos I usually throw a grenade at the pole above me and it bounces off and explodes next to me :(

@ DCGM - Right, this is how I did it. Obviously you have to sniper the three guys first. Basically after that, I jumped back in my car and drove it through the site stopping to pick off any obligatory ruffians. Once I got to the ramp, I just walked up and pulled out the AK and just blasted them that way, taking cover to do so. And that's basically how I managed to do the mission. When a helicopter appear, you need to blow it up so aim for the section where the top roter joins the helicopter and that should do it. Other than that I can't really help much more. Hopefully, that is of help.

I'm a third of the way through the missions and holy crap... huge plot twist even though I knew something was up with that person. Still haven't unlocked Alderney yet but I can't be too far away from it.

I wouldn't say it's a 'fucking masterpiece.' It's great but I feel its almost a chore to play it sometimes. I find some of the missions to be a bit boring and have subsequently spent a lot of time playing it online, which I've grown to love more and more.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Ravnos said:
Amen.

Say, anyone else have a hard time with the Deconstruction For Beginners mission? I've tried with grenades and also without. Seems that the latter is better, cos I usually throw a grenade at the pole above me and it bounces off and explodes next to me :(

i kept bouncin the grenades off the pole too, just shoot them all in that area then when it tells you to take out the last union guy, spot his direction on your radar then use your sniper rifle, mission complete :D

gotta say, most time ive spent on a game in such a short time, for ages. its amazing!

Awesome, i got it finally. I was in a pretty bad place with about 10 guys toward the end and i had virtually no health left, but i threw 1 grenade and took them all out just in time. AK'd the leader after :D

Ganepark32 said:
I'm a third of the way through the missions and holy crap... huge plot twist even though I knew something was up with that person. Still haven't unlocked Alderney yet but I can't be too far away from it.
I spotted that as soon as I met that person too, just didn't go near them after the initial meeting.

Back