Gta 4 Anyone Els Eabout To Go Get It ? :p

The more I play this, the more enamoured I am with it, but there is one glaring oversight that is really beginning to bug me. No custom soundtracks. Does the PS3 version have these? It bugs me that I could do this on the PSP GTA games but not this one. I always get so bored of the radio stations after listening to them so many times.

Ravnos said:
The more I play this, the more enamoured I am with it, but there is one glaring oversight that is really beginning to bug me. No custom soundtracks. Does the PS3 version have these? It bugs me that I could do this on the PSP GTA games but not this one. I always get so bored of the radio stations after listening to them so many times.
On the subject of music, I really enjoyed the custom tracks for GTA3. They should totally do that again.

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Ravnos said:
On the subject of music, I really enjoyed the custom tracks for GTA3. They should totally do that again.

I've been just playing them via the Xbox 360 Dashboard interface. Not perfect, but did the job for me.

I don't have a PS3, so I enjoyed this system comparison article! ;)

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=137829

Better framerates and resolution! I expect the PS3 anti-aliased version has a nice style to it on a big LCD though.

ste_167 said:
Ravnos said:

I've been just playing them via the Xbox 360 Dashboard interface. Not perfect, but did the job for me.

I don't have a PS3, so I enjoyed this system comparison article! ;)

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=137829

Better framerates and resolution! I expect the PS3 anti-aliased version has a nice style to it on a big LCD though.

nice comparison, suprised to see the 360 version come out on top though, as for being bored with it, im not yet, although i find people keep calling me up to go for food etc... very tiresome, i dont think the game as a whole is that ground breaking, i agree its an amazing game and it was exactly what i expected, its gta on next gen, thats it, i think crackdown was a better game, just not enough to do.

@ Finty - I'm glad I'm not the only one who's bored with it already. It just feels a chore to play now. I really couldn'y be bothered finishing it. With San Andreas, I really enjoyed it and really pushed to finish it. But with this, I really don't feel an incentive to finish it. And yeh the downloadable episodes will be cool when they come but they'll just be a copy and paste of the existing missions; nothing new at all in the way the pan out. Seems like I wasted £45 on the game, something that seems to be all too common these days with very few games managing to actually fulfil their hype.

finty said:
Has anyone else got bored of it yet?
I haven't played it since 3 days after release.

Ganepark32 said:
all too common these days with very few games managing to actually fulfil their hype.
Just because you think it doesn't live up to the hype doesn't mean others agree. I'm sure the general consensus disagrees with this statement, actually ;)

Up to the mission with packie and robbing the mafia. Kinda rough. I really despise the drive to the island :angry:

Ganepark32 said:
all too common these days with very few games managing to actually fulfil their hype.
Just because you think it doesn't live up to the hype doesn't mean others agree. I'm sure the general consensus disagrees with this statement, actually ;)

Up to the mission with packie and robbing the mafia. Kinda rough. I really despise the drive to the island :angry:

I didn't mind that mission, but the bank robbery was awesome. Reminded me of Heat.

I pushed through some of the missions I was stuck on. Oh god, the story line to this game is excellent. I think it is the best I have ever experienced. I'm on the last mission now, some really tough choices along the way. I'm not going to complete it until tomorrow though, don't want to be half asleep for the ending.

I hate when you complete a game, it alays leaves me wanting more :(.

@ DCGM - I should clarify that that was my opinion and it's based on the games I've bought so far this year, which have been mainly Wii games and all of which have been incredibly disappointing.

I will say this has had a few mission I've enjoyed. I think the best one I've done so far has been the bank robbery. That was brilliant that one. Although I failed it twice due to 1) police appearing randomly in front of me and 2) The other two guys running off without me while I was still killing the police that I was supposed to kill before we moved on. Great mission though.

I have continued to play it. I'm about 50% through all the missions. Haven't done many on Alderney yet, one or two. Just trying to finish everything else on Algonquin before I move one. But when I finish one set of missions more appear. Not complaining. It's good that it's keeping me occupied with missions.

My Xbox's replacement arrived today so I went out and bought GTA IV!!!
w00t.gif

Gonna go play now :)

finty said:
I hate when you complete a game, it alays leaves me wanting more :( .
But don't worry, there's downloadable content coming soo....ohh wait yeah, I forgot, you have the PS3 version :p

Sorry, I'm an arse.

Nova said:
finty said:
I hate when you complete a game, it alays leaves me wanting more :( .
But don't worry, there's downloadable content coming soo....ohh wait yeah, I forgot, you have the PS3 version :p

Sorry, I'm an arse.

I'm sure that'd really help to give him more of the game right now.

Just saw this and thought I'd share it with everyone. Nice little spoof here.

It's the top video. God I miss those films. Need to get hold of the second and third ones.

Back