Gta 4 Anyone Els Eabout To Go Get It ? :p

CABBAGES

Website
Visit site
I think the GAME just down the road form me opens in less than 30 mins to sell gta 4. I hope they have some ones to sell after the pre orders.

What should i get it for the PS3 or the 360 ? and why ? BE quick i will be leaving in like 20 mins :p

thanks samba ! ive got a couple of friends who migth be gettin it on the ps3 none of my friends with xboxs have mentioned it so i think im goin to go for the ps3 .I just hope they have some for peopel that didnt pre order :D

I kinda made a deal with my GF that I wouldn't get a PS3 until I made back my losses on the stock market plundge. ;)

I thought I had a good scam, because I didn't intend on getting one until there was a list of top games availalbe. It'll probably be another year before I reach stock equalibrium.

Do you guys think it's worth dumping my GF for a PS3 plus GTAIV? jk

I pre-ordered on Sunday when it finally clicked that the game was due out this week. My gf is going to pick it up for me while I'm at work. I am ejaculating constantly just thinking about how good this game will be. My pants are very sticky. :(

icurafu said:
Do you guys think it's worth dumping my GF for a PS3 plus GTAIV?
pfff does she look like this?

gtagirlre8.jpg

-didn't think so, kick that bitch to the curb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to GAME at 12 midnight and it was quite a big que. I saw the manager women walking about outside and i asked her and she said it was only for pre orders :(. SO i turned round and was about to walk home when a security guard came runnin up to me and said did yuo knwo gamestation and blockbuster were oepn you shoudl try there.
So i went to game station and they said you need a pre order. Then i went ot blockbuster and asked there and the guy said they had some spare 360 ones so i coudl wait and see if i was lucky and i was :).

The annoying thing is tho a guy in front of we said he just bought 4 from asda before going to blockbuster but about 5 in the afternoon i phoned asda and they said if its about that new game you cant get it untill 6am tomorrow coz we close at 12 the lying bastards !

Got my copy this morning at half 9. I was surprised to see so many people queuing up behind me to buy the game. And the number of parents getting it was quite staggering.

I haven't played it much but for some reason it doesn't feel right. It just doesn't feel like a GTA game. My bro said the exact same. He said it's a little like Saints Row and I kind of agree but there is something else that makes it fell so unlike the other GTA games. Looks nice though. Some long loading times for missions on the 360 from what I've experienced so far. But obviously, after having sunk £45 into the game, I'm not going to toss it aside. I'll continue to play but it just doesn't feel like GTA.

Picked up my copy at Tesco's midnight launch, spent a bit of time playing it. It's very good, but I agree, it seems a little different?

Reviewers all seem to say the ps3 version looks better, but the general internets has decided that it's best just to have a baseless slang match over it.

Yet another item to add to my long list of 'things to get when have money' :D

I got it for the 360 this morning. Played the game for a few hours (and the rest ;)) throughout the day and I am impressed. Every time I play the game there is something new to notice and the funniest has to be the one that has been catching me out all day... You know when your mobile phone is about to ring it interferes with your PC/car radio etc speakers, it does that in the game when your mobile is about to ring, every damn time it happens I look over to my real phone expecting it to ring :)

Other nice touches are when you get drunk and then take a cab back home, don't skip the journey! The Jamaican geezers accent is perfect, the banter and acting between the main character and him is comedy gold (take him to eat at Cluckin Bell for one of the funniest one liners). Fortunately I can understand most of what he says but I have been reading that a lot of people are annoyed they cant understand a word and the subtitles are pretty much what he says instead of a translation :)

I cant be bothered going into the 360 v PS3 rants, just get it for whatever console you have and enjoy the game!

I have a broken 360(RROD), so I might wait until I get my 360 fixed before getting this. Very bad timing :(

About the game not feeling like GTA, what exactly do you mean? Maybe it's because of the new engine it runs on? I just don't get why they had to make the city based on New York again, isn't it time to make a remake of the London Expansion from the old 2d ones? That one was my favorite.

Rumours are that the 360 DLC will be a new island so it could be set in London. It would make sense as London has a big east european community so it could tie in with the theme of GTA 4. I will die and go to heaven if it happens as the GTA 1 London expansion disc was great.

Guyfawkes said:
I cant be bothered going into the 360 v PS3 rants, just get it for whatever console you have and enjoy the game!
What if you have both? Then it would be nice to know which version has better graphics etc.

Shifty said:
I have a broken 360(RROD), so I might wait until I get my 360 fixed before getting this. Very bad timing :(

About the game not feeling like GTA, what exactly do you mean? Maybe it's because of the new engine it runs on? I just don't get why they had to make the city based on New York again, isn't it time to make a remake of the London Expansion from the old 2d ones? That one was my favorite.
I was surprised to see them recreate NYC. I was banking on perhaps a world based in Europe? I think that should be the next one they do. Going into different countries would be pretty cool :D

Btw, feels like GTA to me! :D Great touches they point on this one. I love how Niko looks around before smashing a car window in to hotwire the engine. Very nice!

I also got hit by a car (not going too fast) and died. Wanted levels create more of a panic now (I like that). Overall, this is a brilliant game.

got mine yesterday morning, its pretty damn good.

i understand the "doesnt feel like gta" comments but i dont if its just im playing using an xbox controller instead of a the playstaion controller i've used for every other gta game before *shrug*

oh well off to play some more.

my other half phoned up gamestation at 9 am and asked to keep her one back till later, when she got there at 11 they had sold out of 360 copies but had ps3 ones left, people in there tryin to buy it too, its good so far, only bout 3 hours in, i wasnt keen on the other games but this has a differnt feel to it, better., funny to see i had nine friends online last night, all of them playin it.

Funny... when I checked my friend list, most of the people are still playing COD4 and only a few have been playing GTA4. Maybe that'll change.

Been playing a bit more of it and while the missions are forgettable at the start, i'm sure that they'll get better. I love the little touches such as stealing cars by breaking the window and hotwiring it. It's also quite humorous. Anyone seen the Magic act at the cabaret club? Not sure if there are more than one magic act but if there is I mean the one where he makes the assistant float in the air. That was priceless.

Still trying to get the hang of the driving. The change in perspective from the centre line of the car to being in line with the driver's seat is still strange and the steering is a bit off but I can look passed it. Once I get a hang of it, it'll be better.

Anyone tried it online yet?

Back