Great British Meet Up 2005

If there were a GB Meet Up in 2005, would you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Now, unless I'm really unpopular (Which I'm not- many people, even strangers will cross the road just to come and touch me, often with a manly nudge to the face) the GB Meet Up in 2004 didn't take place, despite many people wanting one. That's why I think it's best to start early with the planning.

Would you serouisly consider attending one? Where would you like it? When would you like it? Would you prefer it to be in a pub, or would you like to hire a small room (Where admission would have to be charged)? What kind of age ranges are we looking at for people here?

I know many people have moved on from the GP32 Scene to University and this may pose a problem, but I'm sure it could be worked around.

Let's see what happens. Does anyone who has been to the 2003 meet up have any suggestions?

If it was in Summer or after and in travelling distance then id be up for it, I have another forum meet to go in a month or two (and maybe in Leeds again in Summer). But yea.... Booze is however a requirement for me.

:)

I'd go, but only if the date was set a good while in advance so I could book plane tickets.

Oh, and lets have it in a pub, so we can laugh at drunk pink.

i got me a summer house/slash shed thing, if its limited to us lot (old school spam thread crew) then we could all have a good time!

on the flip side, nova will soon own my gp32, so if it could be a board meet up incorporating psp and DS ownership as well, would be awesome!

spray posted on Feb 3 2005 at 12:47 AM said:
i got me a summer house/slash shed thing, if its limited to us lot (old school spam thread crew) then we could all have a good time!

on the flip side, nova will soon own my gp32, so if it could be a board meet up incorporating psp and DS ownership as well, would be awesome!

I'd personally take both all three anyway, you never know when someone will want to game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill bring my gp, probably wont use it that much (mp3s on the way etc)... beer is more important to meeeeee oh and the spirits (but I must limit myself to like 10 drinks or I will die).

yup, live in southampton during the week, but every friday night/sat morning/sat lunctime (depending on my desire to go out friday night and then the amount i drink) i go home for the weekend to see the girlfriend, thus i could gain use of the summer house on a saturday or sunday.

I won't be able to be there, but there should definitely be a meetup. It'd be awesome to see a bunch of GP32 owners in one place (granted there are some pictures).

Toyz 4 Boyz would love to attend a GB Meetup and offer some givaways, we had hoped someone could have arranged one last year :-( As for a date the sooner the better. Trouble with summer meet would be hollidays.

Little Chef
A45 Birmingham Road
Meriden
Coventry
CV7 7JT
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1676 522712

would seem a good venue, central for most?

Toyz 4 Boyz

The problem is that nobody can agree on a location.

Londoners are too used to getting everything in their back yards and seem unwilling to even acknowledge the existence of anything north.

It should be somewhere fairly central- Birmingham, Leicester, Stoke, Nottingham, Sheffield, or even Leeds etc.

Pah, let your fellow european neighbours in on the game too, let's all meet in The Netherlands :)

well from the stand point of making this a euro meet up, london is the best isn't it?

realisitically though shouldn't we just have everyone mark on a map of the UK where they live, then consolidate all the dots and just find the most central location for all?

Back