Great British Meet Up 2005

If there were a GB Meet Up in 2005, would you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PinkSpider

Shit.
Website
www.giglio1.karoo.net
craigix posted on Feb 3 2005 at 01:23 PM said:
Newcastle you southern bastards.

-Craig
I live in the North (Hull) and Newcastle is still a good few hours away I seem to remember :(

www.gbax.com
I suggest either Manchester, London or Leeds (or Hull :p).

Last edited by a moderator:

johncross85

Startled By Midgets
Website
Visit site
DrJones posted on Feb 3 2005 at 12:35 PM said:
Pah, let your fellow european neighbours in on the game too, let's all meet in The Netherlands :)

Hmmm... I'm liking this idea! An Easyjet flight to Amsterdam would be cheaper than a train ticket to London. Of course York is very nice this time of the year too...

J(ohn)

PinkSpider

Shit.
Website
www.giglio1.karoo.net
No further north than Hull, Hull is north enough as it is.

Leeds would be good, erm I dunno... the meet im going to on the board of biffo is in London and im crashing at a guys house, the next is in Leeds and im going to have to navigate my drunk ass to the train station which should be nice.

Also I make the point im not attending if im gonna be sober, im a social guy but without a few drinks it would be odd. Sigh.

Website
Visit site
London isnt necessarily the best for Euro users.

There are plenty of airports up north with budget airlines.
Plus a ferry from Holland to Hull is dirt cheap and easy.

kknd_cf

La vieille dame et les pigeons
Website
Visit site
DJWillis posted on Feb 3 2005 at 02:23 PM said:
Bath again, at least I can help organise that ;).
Woohoo, my Dad could drive me there.
When should this one be? I think it would be best if it was in the Summer holidays as a lot of board members are still in education.

finty

what is this
Website
Visit site
As long as Easyjet flies to it I'll attend, but don't base it in London, rooms would be expensive as fuck.

CABBAGES

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
have it in scotland and i will go :D. London takes 5 and a half hours to get to from here <_< . I onc emissed my train home from london and it cost me 90 odd quid for a single home :eek: .

PinkSpider

Shit.
Website
www.giglio1.karoo.net
Not even a little?

Erm, Finty... you dont need a room, the streets are fun to wander around :p

Or if it was in Hull a couple of people could crash maybe if my mum pisses off.

shattenjäger

Still Fresh
Would a venue colse to a train station somewhere be handy? Anywhere seems to be accessible by train nowadays an saves on petrol and drink drivin.
Was thinkin Manchester mite b cool but its kinda scary. Theres also places with airports 2 consider 4 foreigners.

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Manchester does seem like a good idea, especially Piccadily. Then there's a train station from the airport to Picadily I believe.

I must say it's a horrid, grey smokey place though, and that's from someone who lives in Stoke. Wouldn't really matter if in a booked room though.

LHC

hello
Website
Visit site
A geek meet in Manchester seems fairly foolish.

At least we wouldn't have to go to some shithole sweaty nightclub full of poor people because we are all proper internet types.

Bingo Jesus

GP2X Hardcore
I would say that Manchester, Bristol or Newcastle are always fairly good places to hold any meet up. They all also have good rail/plane links and iare fairly (sorta) central. I would say that if we want to any progress in this plan we need to delegate responsibility for organising the event to one person who's fairly responsible and a prominent member of the community, I would suggest either of the shop owners, either craigx or nigelibrown would be good people to organise it.

I would say that whoever organises it gets the pick of the venue which is easiest for them.