Great British Meet Up 2005

If there were a GB Meet Up in 2005, would you attend?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I DONT CARE WHERE THE MEET IS ALL I WANT IS BEER.

Also if only the crew can come (you all know who I mean) it would still be nice to meet you all and get wasted. I dunno, Beer and that... and erm spirits.

Sigh.

Its CraigIx with an I. as in IX.

Anyway.

Wait a few weeks, I may have an excellent solution to all of this.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Hiya all,

Well! Nice to see interest growing again. I'm sorry that last years meet didnt happen, but life has kind of taken over since then. When I organized the first meetup, I had much more spare time!

In fact, a lot of you may have noticed I've been a lot quieter recently altogether (hell, I even lost my top poster position which I held for about 20 months!). My job has got a lot more busy, and I now have a hell of a lot more responsibility, meaning that other things have been put on the back burner, including, unfortunately, my involvement in the GP32 scene :(. That may be changing though ;)

Various Venues have been talked about, with various places mentioned, and the midlands turning out quite popular...

HOWEVER

Myself and Craigix have had what we could call a bit of a chat. There is a chance (and only a chance at the moment), that something damned interesting may be around the corner. I cant reveal any details as of yet, as it may not happen, and depends on various things going to plan. BUT - if it all comes through, there could be one good event ahead.

Like I said - no promises, but whether it is feasable or not should be known in the next few weeks.

Lets just say that if it happened the event would be GP32/Retro Gaming/Retro Computers combined thing.

I'll soon be setting up a website a-la the last Brit Meetup to gauge interest, but to get an initial idea, please post here too. It would all be happening in County Durham, which is quite a lot further North than most of you have been talking about, but hopefully, if this actually can happen, it'll be worth that extra journey for the Southerners.

I'll post once the website is up, and we'll see how it goes!

And like I said - nothing is anywhere near fixed yet. This all depends on a number of factors, as well as on the level of interest...

Axeman posted on Feb 3 2005 at 10:21 PM said:
Hiya all,

Well! Nice to see interest growing again. I'm sorry that last years meet didnt happen, but life has kind of taken over since then. When I organized the first meetup, I had much more spare time!

In fact, a lot of you may have noticed I've been a lot quieter recently altogether (hell, I even lost my top poster position which I held for about 20 months!). My job has got a lot more busy, and I now have a hell of a lot more responsibility, meaning that other things have been put on the back burner, including, unfortunately, my involvement in the GP32 scene :(. That may be changing though ;)

Various Venues have been talked about, with various places mentioned, and the midlands turning out quite popular...

HOWEVER

Myself and Craigix have had what we could call a bit of a chat. There is a chance (and only a chance at the moment), that something damned interesting may be around the corner. I cant reveal any details as of yet, as it may not happen, and depends on various things going to plan. BUT - if it all comes through, there could be one good event ahead.

Like I said - no promises, but whether it is feasable or not should be known in the next few weeks.

Lets just say that if it happened the event would be GP32/Retro Gaming/Retro Computers combined thing.

I'll soon be setting up a website a-la the last Brit Meetup to gauge interest, but to get an initial idea, please post here too. It would all be happening in County Durham, which is quite a lot further North than most of you have been talking about, but hopefully, if this actually can happen, it'll be worth that extra journey for the Southerners.

I'll post once the website is up, and we'll see how it goes!

And like I said - nothing is anywhere near fixed yet. This all depends on a number of factors, as well as on the level of interest...
Woohoo! Great news, I was tempted to make a thread but I've done it a fair few times. Nice one Mark! Also good luck with the job Axeman, don't let things get to crazy. Also if you need any help setting it up, it's all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back