For those who are going to the British meet-up...

I will be attending now, I was talking to _counter and he developed a modification on his gp32 where he can transform his GP32 into a space shuttle and travel in it, with 2 AA batteries. Anyway he is going to give me a ride and he is bringing a new Playstation 3 emulator. He got the playstation 3 emulator from the future using the time travel mod he made...

lurch posted on Aug 14 2003 said:
I'm coming by car. Anyone living in bath know if there's any B&B's I could use cause me gonna b drinking. Location close to venue and prices would be appreciated.
I hate to say it but the YMCA is only about £20 a night for a room. Fairly good rooms too and stagering distance.

There are also a few local B&B's with good prices nearby. If you want me to do some digging for you drop me a mail.

Axeman/Kirby, I have to pass the station on the way up to the Rummer so I could meet Kirby possabily depending on the time etc.

Back on topic, I am 24 ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
DJWillis posted on Aug 14 2003 said:
Axeman/Kirby, I have to pass the station on the way up to the Rummer so I could meet Kirby possabily depending on the time etc.
My mum said it may take like 6 hours to get there, so I'm leaving 5:30am in the morning, meaning I may get there by 11:30am, hopefully. ;)

GP32 Kirby posted on Aug 14 2003 said:
DJWillis posted on Aug 14 2003 said:
My mum said it may take like 6 hours to get there, so I'm leaving 5:30am in the morning, meaning I may get there by 11:30am, hopefully. ;)
That's about right, it's a far old train ride. I used to fly to Glasgow as 45mins is better then 6 hrs ;)

Check out the flights they're sometimes cheaper.

Anyhoo I'm a rockin' 18 year old high on the buzz of passing my A-levels, I'm throwing in a sickie at work to come to this meet-up.

I might be coming I cant really afford it but I wud like to meet the famous nicknames off this board, thing is I cud only get there bout 1'oclock for £36 apex return as that is the cheapest from Norfolk.

Also wots the lighting like in their Axeman sumtimes its even hard to see games in sum indoor lights have u tried ur GP32 viewability in their?

My mum's kinda fussy too, because I live in America, and she doesn't want me going to bath

I'm 18 and will probably come cos my History results were pretty good but don't ask about the others :p .
Is anyone going from London, from around Streatham, Tooting or Croyden because a bunch of people going from London could meet up and all get the train together. I don't really want to travel alone but I'm sure my GP32 would keep me amused for the journey. Now might be a good time to buy some SMC's and put Family Guy on them :D

NiN^_^NiN posted on Aug 15 2003 said:
Maybe let her speak to axeman on the phone to let him asure here its ok???
That's actually not a bad idea, better than having to convince my mom through webpages and words shown on the message board. :) Axeman, you think you could give me your number over PM so I can get her to talk to you to make sure everything'll be fine?

I'm 11, and I want to go, too :) But my mom says that it is too late to have plans for it now and she won't let me go by myself :( I'd even repay her everything with my allowance, but she won't let me go :( Anyone can thing of something that MIGHT convince her?? :unsure:

rcx21000 posted on Aug 15 2003 said:
I'm 11, and I want to go, too :) But my mom says that it is too late to have plans for it now and she won't let me go by myself :( I'd even repay her everything with my allowance, but she won't let me go :( Anyone can thing of something that MIGHT convince her?? :unsure:
Yeah i got the same problem i'm 14 and she doesn't like me to go on a plane :(
Maybe a dutch (holland) meeting next year :p

Dolfhin posted on Aug 15 2003 said:
rcx21000 posted on Aug 15 2003 said:
Yeah i got the same problem i'm 14 and she doesn't like me to go on a plane :(
Maybe a dutch (holland) meeting next year :p
The problem for me isn't about being on a plane, it is that there isn't someone to pick me up at the airport, but I said that someone else could, and she still said no but she didn't say the reason (it is prolly she dosen't trust anyone else/me)

To be honest, there isn't an official age limit, but under-16's would probably be better coming with someone, as this is of course a informal meeting with no official end time, and having younger gp32ers wandering round Bath alone isn't something that would be a particularly good idea (as it wouldn't be in any city).

Unfortunately, nobody can take responsibility for younger board members, and they'll have to maker their own arrangements for getting to and from the meet with someone suitable.

Cheers, and hope it doesn't cause too many problems....

Back