Release GPSP For Pandora... From Notaz!

YOu'll get the "normal" issues with gpsp (like the zelda is not finishable and a few others)

As a workaround you could use VisualBoy Advance to get past the point where these games make problems. The sram file should be compatible between these two emulators.

I had almost completed Advance Wars 2 on the old gpSP and copied the savestate from that into this new one, it works but all audio is replaced with soft buzzing and clicking. I'll have to revert to the old one until the war is over.

I had almost completed Advance Wars 2 on the old gpSP and copied the savestate from that into this new one, it works but all audio is replaced with soft buzzing and clicking. I'll have to revert to the old one until the war is over.

That's possibly a result of the audio buffer sizes being different, although I don't recall any raw indexes into it being stored in the save state.

Strange, I also use my old Advance Wars 2 Savegame (not the quicksaves) and actualy the SAME files like on the old GPSP on the GP2X. No Audio Problems here. I played nearly through the entire AW2 in hard mode on my GP2X and on GPSP on the Pandora, I could continue straight where I stopped on ghe GP2X. :D

All games I've tested run without problems, like they did on the GP2X. But much faster now of Course. ^^ I just hope that some of the still missing graphical effects are fixed, GPSP had this problem since the beginning. You still don't see what Items you actualy use in "Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance" because the "highlighting" of thesee Items is missing completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why this wasnt ported over earlier, not the ginge wrapper version.

Anyway works great! thank you

This is my fault really, I've changed some counters from 16.16 int to 8.24 in attempt to fix gbc/direct sound channel desync that has been reported here a while back and forgot about the savestates.

I don't see why this wasnt ported over earlier...

Simple - Because nobody ported it :)

I tried to play Mario Golf and Mario Tennis yesterday, but both failed - For some reason, the virtual GBA seems to reset a few seconds into each game, leading to an endless cycle of "Gameboy Logo" - "Nintendo logo" - Intro screen, press start - Game starts, first dialogue - Back to the top. Is this a known problem, or should I try to get a better error description? I'm using the (E) rom version, if it matters.

Mother 3, with a translation patch, worked brilliantly, though - G*dd*mn what a game intro! The surface silly with the deep, deep tragedy...Brilliant.

The music stuttered on some games like prince of persia sands of time on visual boy advance.The music was perfect on pop and metroid zero mission on GPSP.

I tried to play Mario Golf and Mario Tennis yesterday, but both failed - For some reason, the virtual GBA seems to reset a few seconds into each game, leading to an endless cycle of "Gameboy Logo" - "Nintendo logo" - Intro screen, press start - Game starts, first dialogue - Back to the top. Is this a known problem, or should I try to get a better error description? I'm using the (E) rom version, if it matters.

Just to add, Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge does the same thing. Don't know if this is a new bug or not though.

tried it with Boktai, and having issues with the rom expecting the solar sensor, even after patching it... does/can it support the RTC setting like VBA does?

but other roms like Street Fighter Alpha 3, Mario Kart, Guardian Heroes, Gunstar Hereoes play fine!

Thanks for this awesome emulator. Out of interest is there any way to get it to remember where you store your roms. In the meantime I have dropped all my roms into the default directory, but I now have a twitch knowing my GBA roms are not in my 'roms' folder I use for all other emulators :)

the program should remember the last folder used, it always does for me?

Very sexy, I'm going to test this right now. Thank you very much!

Edit: Just tried out a few games, Sword of Mana still freezes at Devius but everything else looks awesome. I didn't think full screen mode would make such a difference but it does, thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else repeatedly see the Up button mapped to "Menu"? It's really annoying having to change it each time.

Out of interest is there any way to get it to remember where you store your roms.
Anyone else repeatedly see the Up button mapped to "Menu"? It's really annoying having to change it each time.
It would look like you two copied some files from GINGEd gpSP (more specifically gpsp.cfg) that causes problems due to changed format.

I'll have to look at that, thanks. And I never moved any files, I just named "gpspwiz" to "gpsp".

Back