Gpsp 0.9-2xa

TgC_comic394.gif

I hope this can help you?! Most of the Games are the European edition... I think in this release everything is faster, but the compability is lower then in the previous version!

CODE

ADVANCEWARSP AWRP 01 - Speed and sound are ok in menu, there is a bug when the instructor message should disappear
ADVANCEWARS2 AW2P 01 - Speed and sound are ok in menu, there is a bug when starting a campaign and message should disappear
A.M.TURFWARS AY3E 5H - Game crashs after pressing START
GOLDEN_SUN_A AGSD 01 - Not fullspeed, sound stutters
GOLDEN_SUN_B AGFD 01 - Not fullspeed, sound stutters
KURURIN AKRP 01 - fullspeed, sound ok
MECH PLATOON AKGP 7F - fullspeed, sound ok
SONIC ADVANC ASOP 6W - Game crashs instantly, white display, GPSP crashs (This works almost perfect in the last version of zottd)
SUPER MARIOA AMZE 01 - fullspeed, sound ok
GBAZELDA MC BZMP 01 - fullspeed, sound ok
WARIOLANDE AWAE 01 - fullspeed, sound ok, some slowdowns

It's really usefull to see the "real" name in the menu now and that there the emu creates *.txts with this name, too (this was usefull for sonic)! The function showing the time, when the savestate was created is not needed, because the GP2Xs time is always reseted to 1.1.1970 :p The new button map (B to do something) is really nice and the new black background, too!

GO GO GO ;)

Of course, this was a bit to be expected what with the "public beta" side of things (and I only tested a few games myself), but I'll work on the compatability first thing. They're probably only a few minor issues.

I'll need some beta testers (just a few at most!) - are you in Elektranox?

Awesome, AutoFrameSkip works perfectly !

Wonderful Exophase, I'll try it more later on !

paxl13

Exophase said:
Of course, this was a bit to be expected what with the "public beta" side of things (and I only tested a few games myself), but I'll work on the compatability first thing. They're probably only a few minor issues.

Year I'm in :) By the way... Perhaps it would be nice to make the "Cheat menu" out of function instead of let it crashing the emu?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elektranox said:
Exophase said:

Year I'm in :) By the way... Perhaps it would be nice to make the "Cheat menu" out of function instead of let it crashing the emu?

Would be best to make it actually work, I think.

Exophase said:
Elektranox said:
Exophase said:

Would be best to make it actually work, I think.

well I thought You will do other things first. So you could just make the function out of use by returning the function and then later make it work :)

First of all the Bugs should be removed ;)

cowai said:
Exophase, awesome work! MARIO KART!!
You beat me to it asking about Mario Kart.

Anyone tested this yet? I'm at work so have to wait many hours before I get a chance to try this out.

Wondering how much faster it is?

Incredible, awesome, amazing, this version of the emu is running really faster.

-Castlevania COTM runs at fullspeed frameskip 0 at 275.
-Baldur´s Gate:Dark Alliance is running almost perfect :)
-Metroid Fusion (E) hangs when you are finishing of watching story intro.
-TMNT (2007) runs perfect i would say.
-Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance runs really well, before it doesnt boot up.
-Tekken now does not works, it hangs before go into play.Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Prehistorik Man and Yoshis´s Island have this problem as well.Bu t Yoshi´s Island is so smotth in title screen that is awesome o_O A pity not possible to goingame (previous version you can play it very well at FS3.I think tah now it will run almost perfect o_O
-There is a problem with AW1.
-I can´t make any AW2 rom to go ingame :(
-VRally 3 hangs.
-Winning Eleven is so smooth now that i would say it is running fullspeed.Incredible game and incredible performance now in a GP2X o_O Before it was slow, you needed to play it like frameskip4.
-Max Payne now boots up and is running pretty well :)
-R-Type III is running quite well :)
-Colin McRae 2 hangs.
-FFVI is running slightly better :)
-Zelda:ALink to the past auto resets when you are watching intro story.
-Virtua Tennis freezes at Sega logo.
-Mario Kart and F ZERO Legend are almost running fullspeed,is not fullspeed.Incredible again o_O
-Pokemon Pinball show you a white screen.
-Payback is like in a loop.You can´t get it to play.
-GTA Advance Pro 3 hangs when you try to play in quick race.I have not tried another mode.
-Banjo Pilot now it is working and it runs incredible well :)
-Broken Sword is running perfect.
-Sabrewulf hangs when you press start.
-The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap is running even at FS0 quite well :) Althought there is a problem with rolling, like BadWolf said.
-Kirby and The Amazing Mirror is runnig like perfect :)
-Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland is running like perfect :)
-Krazy Racers hangs.Before it runs, althought slow.
-Lego Star Wars II hangs the emulator.
-Lord of The Rings:Return of the King now it is working and running quite well.
-Klonoa 2 is running perfect :)

*I like to play games in unscaled mode, but now scaled mode looks slightly better with this last release, but it needs a filter to be playable for me in scaled mode.With no filters it looks too much blocky.

*Maybe it is time to VSync ON option B) Maybe it would not kill performance in some games.

Thank you Exophase, incredible release o_O
Awesome!!!

I noticed that rolling does not work anymore in Zelda- The Minish Cap.

Excelent work!! thank you Exophase, I copied the emu alongside with the bios and mmu hack on a fresh directory but it seems there is (at least for me) random freezes of the emu, also sword of mana (U) always freezes the emu. ¿Anyone have the same problem?

Who would have thought that a GBA emulator would run almost fullspeed @ ~250Mhz. Possibly the most technically advanced emulator on any handheld! Amazing.

Can't wait to try Mario Kart tonight.

@Exophase: I was hoping from some more techno-blog entry! but I guess you have been busy coding.

BTW everyone see Google's April Fool's?

Back